𝘛𝘳𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘢

Start from the beginning

"No, we have absolutely nothing to talk about," I angrily say, getting up from my seat and trying my best not to show how sore I feel. Everything still aches.

Nathan clenches his jaw and Luca looks like he doesn't know what the hell to do. "We need to talk, Lina," he exhales deeply, stepping closer to me which only makes me step farther away from him.

"No, we don't," I glare at him, hating the small hint of desperation in his steel blue eyes. "So just leave me the fuck alone," My voice is as sharp as a knife as I quickly move past him, walking inside the house.

Harsh footsteps follow after me and I don't even have to turn around to know that it's him. I walk faster, but it's no use because he grabs my hand, pulling me to his hard chest. "Mia cara, just...we need to talk. I need to explain," he whispers. I feel his eyes on me but I refuse to look up so I just keep my eyes on his chest.

"Mia cara, look at me," his husky voice and intoxicating scent sends shivers throughout my entire body. I hate that he calls me that.

I hate the way my heart flutters when he calls me that.

I hate him.

"Leave me alone, Nathan," I mumble, attempting to ignore the memory of him pounding into me as he grunted that into my ear.

He uses his hand to lift my chin up, letting me meet his intense gaze. No, no I'm not giving in. "Let's go upstairs and talk," he softly says and I shake my head, pushing his hand away from my chin and moving away from him.

"No," I clearly repeat myself. "Didn't we agree that this marriage would be strictly business?" I remind him of his words.

"I was wrong, let's just go upstairs," he runs his hand through his hair, his jaw clenching at the very little patience he has left.

"I don't want to talk to you," I stubbornly tell him, crossing my arms together. "Now, if you excuse me I'm going out. Let's go, Luca," I call out to him before turning on my heel and walking away from an angry looking Nathan.

"And where exactly are you going?" Nathan heatedly asks, continuing to follow me.

"Shopping," I shortly answer. Shopping always makes me feel better and I'm sure there are stores around here somewhere. Nathan mumbles curses before grabbing my hand again, spinning me around to face him.

My mouth opens ready to tell him to leave me alone but my eyebrows furrow as he hands over his black American Express card. Huh?

"I have my own money. I don't need to use yours," I roll my eyes and try to turn back around but he stops me.

"You're my wife so it's our money," he harshly clarifies, placing the card in my hand. Fuck.

"I tend to spend a lot," I clench my jaw, glaring at him and hating the smug smirk that forms on his lips.

"We have the money," he closes the space between us, amusement and frustration swirling in his eyes. "And when you come back we are going to talk," he tells me, his dark eyes falling to my lips.

And I find mine doing the same.

"And if I don't want to talk," I sneer, stepping even closer to him.

"If I have to tie you up and make you listen to me, I will Lina," he says roughly, his hands fighting the urge to touch me. Asshole.

"You wouldn't," I scoff and he licks his lips, the action making me clench my thighs together. Damn him.

"Want to find out?" I can hear the faint growl in his voice. I swallow hard and force myself to step away from him, the intensity in his eyes becoming too much for me to handle.