Chapter 26 Tea party

"Casey, I'm resting in my room. I'll take a short nap, wake me up after sometime." I said while changing my clothes and then jumped on the bed.

Ah! She left. I closed my eyes and...

Meanwhile In the Marquis Ronian's Mansion

Claude Ronian was walking in the hallways and entered the room of Iris Ronian.

"Sister, where are you?" Ronian said whistling with happiness.

"What? Why are you.. looking for me?" She said as the gap between her eyebrows started receding and eyes slightly squinted.

"Dear Sister, I brought you desserts from 'DELIZIOSA'." He smiled. "And do you know whom I met?"

"Oh! You came all the way here to talk nonsense? You could have just kept it to yourself! Now leave..." She slammed those words at him.

He smirked, "Okay, now that you're curious I will tell you! I met 'Duchess Roughter' there and I can see why he married her!" He smiled slightly to tease Iris.

"You...! You came to say that? I knew nothing good can come from that mouth of yours! 'She is nothing' I am the one who should be called the 'Duchess Roughter'. Just you wait I will show you who deserves to stay by Velver's side. He will throw her away sooner or later." She said as her cheeks became redder and the frown and contempt on her face was visible very well.

"Sister" he smiled at her. "You shouldn't be showing that much hatred as a lady."

"Yeah whatever! now get out" she said as she turned eyes away and looked at the other side.

He smirked again and left the room. While walking back to his room he started thinking about 'Delphimium'.
The image of her eating those desserts was vividly imbued in his mind. His lips stretched and a smile spread on his face.
'That woman' her 'emerald green eyes' are pretty and those 'rose petals like lips'. 'If only I can have her' he exhaled in disappointment.

In the Roughter's Mansion
'Next morning'

"Madam, please wake up..." Casey said as she came closer to Delphimium's bed.

"It's morning?" I said. I jumped out of the bed as if the lightning stricken me.

"Yes, it's morning." I have gotten everything ready. Casey smiled.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" My worries were visible in my question.

"Madam it is early." She replied.

"I mean why didn't you wake me up last night?"

"That... You were tired and didn't wake up. Sir Duke told me to not wake you up." She defended her actions.

Velver?.... I thought I didn't get to see him at all.

"It is fine, Casey. Please help me get ready."

"This dress looks really good on you madam." She combed my hair and made a stylish hairstyle. She tied a few locks of my hair back and let the other down and adorned the tied hair with pearls. She knew every trending hairstyle and makeup for some reason!

I wore the ocean blue color dress as that was much simpler than the green one. And the pearls made the dress stand out. I knew I didn't have to look gaudy but keeping my status in mind I wanted to look subtle and elegant.

"Casey, please check with the head maid if she is done with all the preparations."

"Right away, madam."

She left to check the arrangements.

"Head maid, Madam asked 'if everything was ready?'..." Silvy said.