chapter 21 : BALL INVITATION

Madam, are you wearing the dress Sir Duke sent you.

Yeah, that one is good. I will be wearing it.

Please, help me get ready Casey, I don't want to make Velver wait! I said anxiously.

Yes madam, don't worry about it.

I am ready to go.

Velver, my eyes got bigger when I saw him.
He appears to be really beautiful. I can't even speak.
He doesn't always dress like that.
He is extremely remarkable. I muttered.

He was looking at me with his unwavering attention.

Velver?

Ah, right. We have to leave. He said with a rushing voice.

INSIDE THE CARRIAGE

You are looking good in that gown. He said with a soft voice.

Thank you, Velver. You're looking good yourself.

He 'nodded' with the same expression that's always on his face.

When will this carriage ride end? I can't bear this silence. I looked at him he was sitting quietly and straight like it was some formal meeting. He really doesn't know when to relax.

AT THE BALL ROOM

We're here, finally. I could go around and eat something!

Delphi!
He raised his hand to hold mine and helped me come down from the carriage.
I glanced at him and looked into his eyes...
Those eyes which are like the sky have mated with the ocean and a sparkling wave is tempting you to reconsider your choices.

Thank you, Velver. I said as the corners of my lips were slightly lifted.

We entered the ball room and I noticed familiar faces.

His Royal Highness is entering!
I saw the KING and the QUEEN for the first time.
KINGDOM MOMENTARIA's King Fouler D Momentaria is about to hand his throne to the first prince as he's old now.
Queen Ella D Momentaria is the mother of the nation and she has been a skilled strategy maker herself. She introduced many policies for the people of the country.

Prince Allure D Momentaria is first in the line to the throne  and he's the first child of the Queen

The Queen has only two children and one of them is Princess Eva D Momentaria.

Delphi, you are here. I was waiting for you. I'm glad you came. Come join me.

Your highness, how have you been?

Don't start with that and come with me.

She took me with her and everyone flocked around her like a bunch of birds came to see the fairy.

I was looking at others, they were talking about how fascinating the party is and how every thing is managed adequately by the queen.

Your highness, I am going to get some air out on the balcony.

Okay, if you need something please find me Delphi. She said with a beaming face.

I like her, she's warm and such a cool person. I guess she considers me a friend. Doesn't that make her my first friend? Right!

I passed from the hall and looked for the balcony. Finally! I could be alone for a minute. All those people talk too much. I was feeling overwhelmed there.

I was gazing at Stars, looking at the clear sky. Thinking how pretty and serene the darkness of the night is. I breathed in the fresh air and the breeze that was brushing my arms was feeling like I was embraced by a loving spirit. I closed my eyes for a moment and started to enjoy myself. When I opened my eyes there was this guy standing there.

Greetings to the lady!

Do I know you, Sir?

No, but I want to know the beautiful lady who is standing here alone.

I stared in his eyes for a moment and said " I don't think I am that marvelous person.

Lady, I came here for some fresh air. Please do not misunderstand me.

Okay, Good Sir. I will take my leave.

 I will take my leave

Lady, wait. I am Claud Ronion Marquis Ronion's first son.

Can I know your name as well?

I am Delphimium Dian Roughter. I said with a forced smile.

So, you are with the Duke. You are really pretty.

Thank you. I am flattered. Please take your time, I am leaving.

I left the balcony in a hurry. I could feel his piercing gaze but who cares. Why would he want to talk. The way he speaks he seems to be a womanizer. I should stay away from people like him.
I looked around to see Velver and he was busy talking with other people. He's popular after all. I took a glass of wine and started sipping. "It tastes good". I looked around for food and started eating. I like food here, mm it's good.

I'm full, I should rest in the hall.

Fwuh! Now I can finally feel relaxed now. Walking around in these heels is such a pain. I was resting comfortably and I saw someone enter the room.

Hi👋 Tysm for reading💜  please vote and comment😌🫶