chapter 22: A friend or a foe?

"Greetings Duchess Delphimium" Bianca Glims said with a smile.

"Hello, lady Glims" Delphimium smiled back at her.

"Please don't be so formal with me Duchess" Bianca said with a soft insisting voice.

"Okay, be comfortable with me as well" Delphimium replied to her.

"I wanted to talk to you for a very long time but I didn't get a chance.
Lady Delphimium, could you please accept me as your friend. Please! I always wanted a friend like you".

"Uh, yes. I would also like to have a friend like you lady Bianca"

Her corners of lips were raised and she was looking bright and beautiful.

"I will visit you soon. Please invite me Duchess" Bianca said with an enthusiastic look in her eyes.

"I will send you an invitation". I said with a smiling face.
She didn't mean any harm so, I think this should be fine.
I didn't let my guard down. I can never be sure of anyone's intention in just one meeting so I will wait a bit longer.

"I will let you rest. I will take my leave Duchess" She stood up and left.

I smiled back at her while she was leaving.
I am waiting when we will leave this ball. Should I go out and ask Velver?

Now who is here! I thought as someone was coming in.

"Delphi, are you feeling okay?" Velver said with a concerned look.

"Yes, I'm perfectly fine". I replied.

"That's a relief. Come, I've come to get you. You must be tired let's go". He said while extended his hand to me.

I held his hand like I was waiting for this spring for a long time. My feet were still sore but I managed to walk properly somehow.

It's hard to be a lady, I thought.

Back in the mansion. After being this tired I think I need a warm bath.
I took a warm bath and came to the bed I was so tired that I slept without thinking a word. That's something new as I always brood over situations which are not in my control.

Ma-dam, m-a-m, Madam, please wake up. Silvy's voice was ringing.

Is it morning already! I asked Silvy.

She smiled and said "Madam it is morning now please get up".

I woke up like I missed something important then I looked at Casey who brought me a basin to wash my face.

I had breakfast in my room. Life was going as usual and days are as entertaining as they always were. Two-weeks have passed since the ball and I remember the details vividly. The young Ronian who was oddly concerned about my well being and his sister, who I didn't encounter thankfully.
I let out a loud breath, wondering how I could be in trouble with her, when Velver and I have no such relationship. It's like taking the dagger right into your chest when you are not involved in the war but just a bystander.
I don't understand her cruel intentions but I hope she doesn't have a plan for my doom.

Delphi, where are you? Velver said while looking around in the room.

I'm here Velver. What is it?

"Should we go to the lake? I wanted to show it to you". Velver said.

"W-what lake?" I replied.

Yes, you do recall that I told you about that lake where the nobility occasionally takes ride. I'm confident you will enjoy it. Velver gave a description about it.