chapter 19 : MYSTERY

IN DELPHIMIUM'S ROOM

Now , I will read this book. What's its name?
'Looks Like Night'.

I skimmed through pages and realised it's some fantasy romance with adult scenes.
I quickly checked the 'Synopsis'
'Lily a flower of "ROSBIRD  EMPIRE" is loved by every man. She is desired by women and men all the same. She is a mark of beauty. But she's hiding something with that innocent face, "something wild". As she spends her night with someone warm and days with a cold mask. What secret she has been hiding?'

I was shocked to read something like this. I knew things like this existed but......

Should I read this? I don't think a noble lady should be reading something so indecent! I protested my urge to read for a minute.
I give in! A little peak won't hurt, right?
I started reading it and my mouth was wide open with the way the scenes were described. I could imagine what she would be feeling. "She was bursting with pleasure". The thought made me feel a little squeamish. I felt it wasn't right. "She shouldn't be indulging in such pleasure with a  man". I didn't realise, when did I read half of the book? I still wanted to go on but I thought I would read it later.
Those thoughts made me feel a bit dizzy.
It was all circling in my thoughts, how lily was screaming with pleasure and how she spent her nights without worrying about anything.

Delphi, stop thinking about all those weird things. A lady shouldn't think about all that.

DINNER TIME

Velver came to have dinner with me. I looked at him. He is such a sight to behold. I was staring at his face as I was eating.

Delphi, do you want something?

No, why do you ask?

Oh, you have been staring at me for quite a while.

That..... It... I was just looking at your eyes, you look tired.

Is that so?

Yes, are you not sleeping well?

It has been hard for me to sleep these days.

Huh, ohh.

Do you want this? I heard these sweets are your favourite.

Yes, I shrieked happily. I want it.

As I was enjoying the sweets. He said, why don't we start sleeping together?

I dropped my spoon, huh, sleep together?

Yes, not right now but once you get well.

O-Okay...

I was looking down thinking is it really going to happen! I wasn't ready for that.
Then the thought of lily passed through my head and I was blushing.

Delphi, are you fine? You are red. Do you have a fever?

N-No I am okay, it's nothing. I am just happy eating dessert that's all.

He came closer and put his hand on my forehead, "you don't have a fever".
His warm palm was on my forehead, I could not stop but think how it was a lot for me to take.

"Okay, I will take my leave". He said.

I was so flustered, my heart was beating even louder. His face was so close to mine. I have never seen him this close.

Casey cleaned the table. I was waiting to read the remaining novel. I don't know whether I am excited or just want to finish what I started quickly! Fwuh, I sighed.

Casey you should leave now.

I started reading as soon as she left. I was looking at the words twice to understand what I am reading is really written there. The way the writer described the scene where she was tied to bed. I gasped and cried loudly what is all this? She what? I put the book down for a moment, it is not for me.
All those words scratched my vision of her fantasies and I came to reality with a thud!
I tried thinking about something else.

Oh, I remember! There was a book with a blue cover. I will read that.
I opened the book and to my shock it was about armours and swords. I chuckled.
So, this was left for today!
He must be laughing at me for picking out these books.
Aaggh, I'm embarrassed. How will I face him tomorrow?
I really made a fool out of  myself!
I want to bawl my eyes out. But I can't waste my energy on it right now.
I know, I know, one thing that could save me is definitely something sweet.
Should I sneak out and get some food?
I know, I know, I shouldn't move around at this time but what can I do when I want something sweet! I will quickly go down to the kitchen and come back. Yes! That is it. Delphi let's go.

Tysm for reading 🙌
Don't forget to vote 💜🫶