Chapter 43

Chapter 43

  "Master."

  Pei Du walked to Mu Qingci's side, lowered his head slightly, bowed and saluted.

  Mu Qingci looked at Pei Du in front of him. Seeing that everything was normal and well, he nodded slowly and asked, "Did you find out anything?"

  For example, did Pei Yu leave any words?

  Mu Qingci didn't say this, but Pei Du saw something in his master's eyes.

  With that trace of nostalgia and concern, Pei Du quickly thought of what Mu Qingci wanted to ask.

  "Back to Master, my disciple found Pei Yu in the Northern Palace. Well, he left a sound-preserving stone."

  As soon as he heard Pei Du mention Pei Yu's name, Mu Qingci's eyes brightened obviously, but he soon restrained himself, and his tone was as cold as ever: "How?"

  But Pei Du noticed that Mu Qingci's hand on his side tightened slightly, and knew that he must be very concerned about his answer.

  Pei Du didn't show off, and omitted some things that he didn't want Mu Qingci to know. He picked out a few things and said, "He said that if you want to get rid of the soul-eating worms in my body, you need to go to Lengyuehan Mountain."

  Cold moon and cold mountains.

  Hearing this place, Mu Qingci was slightly surprised, "It's actually there."

  Pei Du nodded.

  "Did he mention anything else?" he asked hesitantly.

  Although everyone was rumoring that Pei Yu was dead, in Mu Qingci's heart, he had always believed that Pei Yu was still alive, and he believed it without a doubt.

  After all, that person was so smart, so talented, and so powerful, how could he die in that incident?

  But he saw Pei Du shaking his head, feeling disappointed in his heart.

  Pei Du told Mu Qingci everything that happened to him in the Demon Realm.

  Including Xiang Beichen's betrayal of Pei Yu, and how Pei Yu disappeared.

  As well as his guess, that Pei Yu may not be dead.

  After all, Xiang Beichen had never seen Pei Yu's body, which proved that there was still a glimmer of hope.

  "I didn't expect it to be like this..." Mu Qingci murmured.

  There was a trace of regret in his eyes. If he had chosen to go to the Northern Territory with him, these things would not have happened, and he should still be by his side.

  Fortunately, Pei Du's words: Maybe Pei Yu is still alive, which brought him some other hope.

  At this time, Pei Du didn't know what he thought of, and suddenly asked: "Master, am I really Pei Yu's child?"

  After all, the look of his cheap master and that Pei Yu didn't look like an ordinary friendship. If it was an extraordinary relationship, how could they watch another person get married and have children with someone else ?

  "This..." Mu Qingci hesitated for a moment.

  In the end, he told the truth: "Back then, Pei Yu suddenly found me with you in his arms, asked me to raise you, and then disappeared."

  "And when he came here with you in his arms, he looked at you with great importance and said your name was Pei Du. Plus you looked more and more like him, so I guessed that you might be his child. "