Rengoku Kyojuro | And Then... That Flame

No I did not disappear and just randomly came back.

Yes I'm losing motivation and inspiration to write anymore, I enjoy these things but I really really need to focus on my studies😭😭

I can't even read a wholesome book up to 30 chapters anymore, This is the end of my career..😔

I'll probably disappear after this.

Still writing tho, but I'm gonna do my drafts.

Btw don't mind this but imma change my style of writing a little (after using c.ai lmao)

Changed the story a little bit cuz of bad memory

――――――――――――――――――
(2nd person POV):

"I don't mean any resent nor rude comment... But, Kyojuro.. Will you ever retire?"

You looked at your fiancé who held your hand tenderly under the falling leaves of autumn. The leaves almost having the same pallette as his hair and eyes. The both of you paused on the middle of the road of a special festival that's happening on the village.

"[Name], when the day we get married, when the day we share a kiss on our wedding, when the day we spend our honeymoon together, when those days ever come I'll gladly oblige to you even before our engagement. If you told me to kiss you, I would. If you told me to slit my throat with my own sword, I would. I would obey to you, my love. If you want me to retire, I will gladly do that." He spoke, his words laced with genuineness as he looks at you with love and adoration in his eyes.

The two of you then went over from place to place around the festival, getting snacks, him buying you anything you found interesting.

As night falls, he takes you home. Walking with you as he protected you from whatever's lurking in the corner.

Reaching your house, He pulled you by your hip, "May I have a good night kiss?" He smiled at you. You of course happily agreed as he leaned over as your lips connect. Giving you a slow but tender and loving kiss.

After a while, he went to kiss you on the forehead. "Good night, love. I'll send you letters through my crow tomorrow." He gives you one last firm hug before walking off the night, still glancing at you with a little wave.

"Good night," You waved back as you sighed, you love him so much. You wonder what letters he'll send, about his day? Or another of his I love you letters?

___

You slipped on your uniform, ready to sneak through the night of demons and to the train station. You had recently heard your fiancé's mission that he'll be taking the mugen train.

But you weren't expecting to encounter a lower moon 1 and a upper moon 3.

Yes, you managed to surprise Kyojuro by sitting in front of him without him noticing. He bursted in pure excitement and joy seeing you.

That's like, a few hour ago..

You had gotten yourself pretty injured by the lower moon, having to be the first one to chase after it.

Though, you could've helped if you— no, that conductor didn't attacked you.

What's in front of your view is a battle, a fight between the upper moon 3 and the flame hashira, your fiancé.

You had this flame inside you, a hope. He is strong. He just either needs to wait for the sun to raise and burn the demon or cut the demon's head off with all his might..

As you weakly watch the fight, keeping the injured tanjiro and beat up inosuke by your side from a distance. Your sword, snapped, beside you. No use for fighting.

The clashing flames, the punching hits, you watch them move at such an impressive pace. Unable to see how they fight.

That Flame in you he gave you, trying to keep alive. That hope. And that part of him..

The upper Moon's fist prepares to swing right at his abdomen.

And then...

That Flame died.

____________________

Feeding y'all angst cause I have been destroyed by one

I hope y'all cope with this💪

More upcoming angst coming soon🫰

Word count: 696