Chapter Thirty Six

that night,
041, LEVOUGH DORM

Envy stares at his reflection, utterly shocked about what went on at lunchtime. He stands there in the bathroom with a bathrobe, brushing his hair after blowdrying it. Now, it's in its natural curls. He indeed has bruises all over, although healing. The one in his eye socket no longer hurts, but the color is still so vibrantly red and his eyelid is still swollen that concealer cannot cover it. I look ugly right now... what made them look at me and... risk their title to uncollar me?

Envy shakes his head dismissively. I don't even want to be uncollared. This is terrible... Yet he softly touches his collar, which does not belong to him, uncertain of how he truly feels about it. This... That was terrible.

He is so lost in his own thoughts that he doesn't even notice Greed come up behind him until the vampire hugs him from behind and kisses Envy behind the ear, intimately whispering, "Chi..."

Envy jumps at his presence, feeling a warm hand insert itself into his robes. "Xiang..." (sh-EE ah-ng)

"What's taking you so long? You already look and smell perfect..." Greed embraces him, leaving kisses on his jaw as he slowly undresses Envy.

"U-uh, Xiang... I'm... I don't feel well right now... can we not do this tonight, please?" Envy turns around and says it in the lowest, softest voice he can muster up in order not to provoke Greed.

"Why not?" A gentle, smiling Greed flicks away Envy's green bangs, "Do you have a lot on your mind? You can talk to me. Is this about the pathetic game? Are you sick thinking about that?"

He'll get angry if I say something he doesn't like. But, Greed will get even angrier if Envy isn't honest. He's never a good liar. "Yes... maybe."

"Well," Greed pulls away, walking out of the bathroom. "They won't win for obvious reasons. Why, are you hoping for them to win, Hoàng Chi?"

"N-no..." Envy rushed out, following Greed to the bedroom. "It's just... I'm sorry... that that happened."

"I'm happy they're aware you're mine... but, that made my blood boil... as they dare challenge me..." Greed says, pouring himself some Rum as Envy puts on a large shirt and boxers.

"I'm sorry."

Greed ignores that, "Do you want to be no longer mine, Envy? Do you just want to leave-"

Quite defensively Envy sputters, "No! Of course not. I'm only yours. Please don't take away the collar-" Envy starts to choke on his own breaths as Greed approaches him with that intoxicating drink. He has been drinking that thing ever since they got back in the dorm.

"Then, make sure we win... again the Gluttons, or against Ken... I will not tolerate failure, Chi." Greed flicks Envy's Bangs away again, while drinking a whole glass of Rum. "You're so beautiful..."

Greed's free hand crawls under Envy's shirt to go to his lower back and he leans forward to kiss him, the trail of alcohol staining his scent as he is clearly intoxicated. His touch is soft, gentle, and loving.

But, "Xiang please, I told you I don't feel well tonight..." Envy tries pulling away and takes Greed's hands off of him as his bruises and body hurt too much to entertain Greed tonight. "Not tonight, please--"

Greed slams the glass against the side of Envy's head so hard, that it shatters and throws Envy to the ground, soaking him in Rum and blood from the cuts the glass shards inflicted. Silently crying, he kept his head down low, too scared to move an inch.