Chapter Thirty Two

XX RESTAURANT, MUMBAI

"Be ours?"

They have never seen the world pause around them and the universe aligned for their eyes to be met with Envy's wide, dark ones sparkling in pure shock. And then, those eyes fluttered in fear; before casting downward to recollect what the hell he just heard. To say he was horrified was an understatement; it was as if the twins confessed to murder.

We messed up, One of the Gluttons kicked the other under the table, and the other responded by glaring at his twin. Why'd you say we liked him for 4 years?! 7th grade was 7 years ago!

Summer break doesn't count!

You can't count...

Finally, Envy cleared his throat, and the Gluttons go back to looking at their Belle. He still has that cold, superior look that could bully you with just one glare. That royal, frozen heart that is disgusted looking at his fellow Kings finally spoke out with hesitant and prideful eyes. It seems as if his cold persona is being broken down by fear and reluctance.

"I... I can't..." Envy whispers, almost to himself.

"What do you mean you can't?" They asked, looking as serious as ever and they looked a lot more mature. "Can't you give us a chance?"

"I can't... give chances..." Envy mumbles, before he says more clearly and more aggressively, "Because I'm claimed..."

What? The Gluttons stare in shock, dumbfounded at Envy's answer which left them utterly speeches. Impossible, they think. Deadly Kings can't be owned. They're the owners.

"That 'don't make sense, Envy..."

The other one adds, "You're a Deadly King."

"I'm not wearing this collar because I'm a deadly King," Envy spoke in the softest, almost an intimate whisper of a voice, before looking up at them with almost tears in his eyes. "I'm wearing this... because I belong to Greed."

He exhales shakily as the amount of tears gathers up in his eyes, but he is strong enough to not let them spill out. He still wanted to appear composed and full of class to the Gluttons, but it was getting significantly harder. He is entirely confused about how he feels and he is simply, overwhelmed by the confession and proposal.

"So, I am in no position to decide what you ask of me," Envy says with a shaky but firm voice. An eye releases a tear; but he glitches, and the tear is no more. It seemed the kind rejection is enough to shut the Gluttons up.

But, Tony slams his hands on the table, startling them and everyone. "Bullshít!"

Anthony defused the attention by apologizing in the local languages as much as he can despite awkward pronunciation. All while his twin was losing his shít, this time with a decreased volume for his voice.

"What do you mean you belong to Greed? He can't collar you because you're a King, too! You are your own person, and you are Envy! Not Greed's Envy! Saying that you wear that for him seems like he's not recognizing you as an equal! You're a King, Envy! He doesn't seem to respect that!"

Deeply offended, Envy shakily replies, "You don't know anything about him, or me! He knows me better than anyone does, how dare you make assumptions?!"

"Are you lovers, then?!" Tony asked with a deep, serious voice lacking the awkwardness and shyness he bore earlier. This wasn't a lovestruck boy anymore; this was a man asking a serious, challenging question.