Chapter Twenty Two

later on,
JOHNSON BUILDING

"So Wrath literally dangled handcuffs over your head saying it's 'training'?" Hani asks in disbelief after they tell each other what happened during the hour they got ready for school.

Both boys had on turtlenecks under their Carvalle uniforms; Hani looking as sweet and energetic as he is and Ken looking like a 2007 emo teenager.

"Yeah, he was going to throw me in bed saying he'll 'help me control my powers' so I screamed the safe word in his face," Ken laughs, just as he noticed other students sin the hallways avoiding the two like they're virus-carriers.

Hani made a confused face. "You... have a safeword...?"

Ken bit his tongue, cursing because it slipped. Shít.

"W-wow, I didn't know you guys had that kind of relationship..." Hani says with a weirded out tone. "That explains the contract..."

"I-it's a good tool to get Wrath to fúck off!" Ken awkwardly blurts out, turning red. Changing the subject he says, "What about you and Sloth? He really didn't turn you into a chew toy?"

Ken's blushing so hard... Hani kind of feels bitter about this relationship Ken has with his Alpha. "I think Sloth was too lazy to move his jaw to chew me. Or maybe, I wasn't a threat. What can my fatáss animal do, slap him with a fish?"

Ken snorts. "It is pretty weird for him to sleep on you... but I'm glad he scared the vampires away. I really hate Greed and Envy."

"Right..." As Hani and Ken go up the stairs, the taller blonde feels uncomfortable talking about his vampire brother. Each time he visualizes that deadly King, his bite marks burn and tingle in a painful way. He hates it; he was violated.

And so, he diverts his attention onto Ken. "If what you said about Wrath's Mom's cult... then I really think he'd be capable of teaching you how to control your powers."

He showed me how to before, I just couldn't do it again... Ken stares at the ground. "Yeah, but chains and handcuffs... what is he doing with those? How's he gonna train me about using my powers with those? Seems kinda rápey to me."

"Well, you screamed at his face before you could find out..." Hani shrugs. "I don't want Wrath to hurt you, Ken. Those marks are really ugly. But you have to admit, he might be the only mentor you have..."

Ken looks down, considering it. "M-maybe..."

"See you, then? I'll pick you up after class... or..." Hani stares at Kenneth's collar under the turtleneck, its texture and outlines still visible. That's enough protection, but it's still risky.

"I'm gonna be fine, Weeb." Ken rolls his eyes. "You take care, too. See ya."

As both of them entered different classrooms, Ken paused and stayed behind by the door. There, a lot of students noticed him and 50% of the noise quieted down in his presence.

"Uhh..." Ken, with awkward limbs, dashes out of their unreadable gazes and onto his chair by the window. Looking up, they're still staring, so Ken gulps and lowers his head on his desk.

But one of the Ford dormies came up to him and said, "Hey Beakie, 'you fine now? Sorry about the whole we-wanna-rápe-you thing, it was-"

"My fault!" Ken cuts his classmate off, loud enough for the whole classroom to hear. Still, his eyes remain shy on the desk as he does feel guilty. "It was my fault, I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

Complete silence bombarded the classroom. Most of the students present were from the Ford dorm, aka Shifters, and maybe a handful of Levough dormies who really don't give a shít about class. Yet, here they are staring at a nervous Ken who was the cause of the class-wide and floor-wide riot last time.