Chapter Twenty Four

meanwhile,
ROOFTOP HIDEOUT, DE VERA DORM

The almighty Lord of the Vampires, Greed, was overlooking the beauty of the Carvalle campus with his book in hand; as they were assigned to self-study. The richest students in this school don't actually have to go to class, but rather have private tutors and can study whenever and wherever they please.

Such power... Greed hums, closing his files. Right at my fingertips...

Suddenly, a glitch rang out, followed by a thud coming from a body being thrown to the green cushions. Greed turns around to greet his precious friend with a smile; especially when he sees his brother now captive in their rooftop.

"En, I knew I could rely on you..." Greed slowly approaches a blank-faced Envy who looks at him with hard loyalty and an emotionless face. Greed reaches his hand out for Envy's neck, rubbing the ghost's jaw with his thumb endearingly. "When have you ever failed me?"

Envy can't help but sigh at Greed's warm touch, his heart melting. Yet, his face remains blank, his eyes looking longingly at his beloved Greed. And then, Greed leans forward to plant a kiss on Envy's lips. Of course, with his hand squeezing on that tanned neck and his tongue forcing itself in; but Envy only had to accept it.

He'd kill for Greed's kisses... And when Greed pulls away, Envy remains blank-faced despite his heart-wrenching.

"I know you wouldn't," Greed says with a wide,  handsome smile. "Or else you would just be baggage to me. What took you so fúcking long?"

"Ken intervened," Envy answers curtly.

"Ahh, Ken..." Greed's eyes cast down on his brother, who is knocked out possibly by the teleportation. "I guess they're best friends, now. How low for someone to be friends with a human... I feel bad for my brother."

Envy's eyes casts down just as Greed removes his tight grip on his neck. Finally, Envy can breathe normally... but can he, really? When the area Greed formerly touched burns hot and is now empty without him?

Greed approaches his brother and fixes his position on the cushions; gently placing him on pillows. "I truly wish he didn't pass out. Blood tastes better when he's struggling..."

Envy's eyebrows scowled, feeling a familiar clench in his chest that could only be described as envy. Why couldn't I just have Type O blood? He truly does wish Greed could desire him just like he did with Lust... Him drinking only my blood would be—

A sudden gust of wind and a sound of flapping came up from the back of the area they were in; and in no time, a ghost was dropped on the rooftop as an eagle perched on his shoulder.

Intruders!

It was the Glutton twins, and Envy became alert that he brought out a switchblade and covered Greed. Of course, they're here for Hani and him only. But Envy isn't allowing them to hurt Greed.

The eagle squawks bodly as Envy boldly points the knife at them threateningly.

"Trespassing... has the rules not really matter to you anymore, Gluttons?" Greed says with the smoothest of voice, watching the Glutton Ghost scowl.

"Hani's not part of the De Vera! We're here for him and th... that's it!" The ghost exclaims boldly, but there is a tremble in his voice. His voice can't help but waver because the sight of Envy threatening them with a knife is really distracting.

Greed scoffs, rolling his eyes. "He's my brother.  Would you really deny a family visit?"

"He's passed out! You kidnapped him! Ken wants him back!" The Ghost exclaims, just as his Shifter brother squawks and spreads his wings threateningly. But when is met with Envy's glare, his wings flinch and slightly cower.