Chapter Seven

CLASS 3-C, JOHNSON BUILDING

Where the fuck is Hani? Kenneth glares at the empty seat in the front row, the classroom in silence while the teacher discusses something in front. Why am I even worrying? Hani can protect himself far better than I can protect myself... he's a damn hybrid Shifter. Still, a guilty Kenneth leans forward to tap a classmate's back. He was in the Ford students' side of the classroom, so this one won't bite off his fingers unlike those Levoughs.

"Hey... uhm... any word on Hani?"

The guy turns around, and upon seeing Kenneth's face, he grins widely. "Eyy, it's the Asian Ken doll. Your nose looking a bit red, 'you Rudolph now?"

Fucktard.

"Man, don't mess with him..." says the guy's seatmate. "Wrath will maul you dry before this toucan can fly."

"Can he fly though? Wanna throw him out the window?"

Suddenly, a student loudly asks the teacher, "I have a question though, not related... can coronavirus be transmitted through anal?"

That's it, I'm pissed—Kenneth's chair skidded an inch when he attempted to stand up, but he felt a finger bend and crack. Ouch! What the—it hurt! Kenneth was dumped to his seat, his head slamming onto the desk as he silently cries over his broken finger... even though his fingers are fine and not bent at all. What's happening... what's...?

Ken takes a look around, only to spot a potted plant on the floor, disturbed by the playful quarrel the Fords have when one of them got pushed over. The plant was rounded, carefully shaped; but a tiny branch stood out like a cowlick, and that one branch was snapped in two. Fuck...! Kenneth realized, as his finger felt inflamed though it looked normal. It felt broken, pulsing, and very painful. Why... why a plant? Kenneth couldn't control his emotions. He has no control over what he creates; and he has no control over what happens to what he creates.

"Ken," the teacher calls out in a shrill voice, making the boy freeze as his classmates stare back at him. "Is something the matter?"

Some boys laugh loudly at the sight of Ken's red and sweating face. Only the Levoughs were noisy; particularly the Vampires and the ghosts. The Shifters wouldn't dare mess with Wrath's claim.

"Did he pop a boner?"

"Wait... girls pop boners?"

"Stop the cope, Ken will always be a guy and you pretending he's a girl so you can crush on him won't make you less gay..."

Kenneth's seat screeches as suddenly stood up. "I need to go to the clinic."

With that statement and his sudden leave, everyone's laugh and banter dies down. With Kenneth out of the door, everyone... including the teachers, stare at the door with a rather negative expression. Did he just leave?

Ken doesn't want anything but ice or maybe a warm compress. Every movement cramps his fingers painfully, he could do nothing but wince and try hiding it. Such power, only for it being his undoing. Maybe it is the punishment for killing a person, maybe he is cursed for being such a terrible person himself.

"... it's not so terrible," says a voice that made Ken gasp when he looks up to see two deadly kings exiting the library next to the clinic. Greed and Envy! Ken backs away and hides by a hallway's corner, still in earshot of the deadly kings' conversation.

"It's touching how you think that of my brother, Envy..." Greed's voice softly says to his right-hand man. "But this is in our favor."

"So we do nothing until the filthy animals kill him?" Envy coldly says like the stiff person he is, but his tone held a rough concern.