Chapter Ten

OUTSIDE THE LEVOUGH DORM,

Aggressive students litter the hallway of the Levough dorm, monkeys hanging by the chandelier and smoking upside down. A door is opened and Kenneth can see students playing Russian Roulette and strip poker, but unfortunately, he witnessed an additional punishment after stripping: they slice a small part of their skin enough to cause a loser's scar. Ken rushed more through the halls with everyone staring as he passes by. What in god's name is this place...

Everyone's just staring... Kenneth, being the anti-social he is, cowers under their judgmental gaze. They won't hurt me... they won't hurt me... they won't...

Kenneth feels so paranoid and afraid. He feels so alone, with no one to confide in. This wouldn't be any different to before he got here; but back when he was human, there was nothing threatening his life. But here, with actual threatening people, his only method of effective defense would also be the one to hurt him. They won't hurt me... they can't... why am I still shaking? They can't hurt me...

"Ken!" The moment he steps out of the Levough territory, Kenneth was snatched away by none other than Hani, wearing a hat and medical mask to conceal his bruises. A couple of Levough vampires hiss at them, to which Hani backs both of them away. "I thought you went back to your classroom! Why are you here, worse, at the Levough Dorm!"

However, Hani was taken back when Ken suddenly hugs him around the shoulders. Thank you for coming for me. A sigh of relief blows through him for a split second before Kenneth pulls away, in heavy breaths.

"Ken...?"

"I'm okay. I... I made sure you'll be okay, too. I can't let my roommate get hurt because of some sadistic poodle." The blasphemy of Wrath made Hani slightly smile, very thankful that Ken appreciates him this time.

More surprisingly, Ken puts his hand out. "Friends?"

Hani stares at him, not sure if he's kidding.

"Come on Weaboo, I wanna do this before I go to the dorm with you." The blonde Hani lets out a wide, happy smile as he takes Kenneth's hand and shakes it once. "Friends, Koreaboo."

Despite the gloom and chaotic mood, Kenneth still manages to lighten up as they walk together toward the Ford dorm. But, not without Kenneth elbowing his roommate.

"What?"

"Don't call me Koreaboo, I'm American."

"Okay, Bald Eagle nose—OW!"

that night,
LEE 006, FORD DORM

"Wrath said something about me being a God," Kenneth reveals. "Sorry, I don't have anyone to tell this to."

"God? Wait no, it's okay but... why a God? What kind of God? If you're a God, you should be in the Levough Dorm..." Ken shrugs at what Hani said.

"I'm not sure either."

Kenneth then went to the bathroom, took out a decorative aloe Vera plant, and with the tiny pot being held by both his warm hand, he shows Hani. "I can make plants grow. Don't try to kill me, please, but... I can also feel the pain of those plants I grow."

"And you trust me with this?" Hani questions.

"I don't have anyone else to trust!" I can't trust one of the seven deadly kings. Hani has been one to look out for me since day one even if I insulted him to no end.

Hani shakes his head, sitting in his bed flooded with stuffed toys while the air is riddled with seriousness. "I don't know, man. An Earth God? You? That seems like a stretch to me... I mean, you were born, not summoned like other gods."