Predator and Prey

Start from the beginning

Unfortunately he had near zero practice with it, like nearly every other quirk he'd made so far, and he could only narrow down Toru's location to a general direction and area for the time being.

So Izuku focused really hard and made another duplicate, which nearly made his body fall into a puddle.

He was pushing it, since his body was already in a semi-liquid state and he still had a double with Mina, keeping her safe and helping to calm her down. But Izuku was determined to break through his limits as he sent the new double down another hallway while he continued down his current path through the dark corridors.

-x-

Meanwhile, back with Mina.

The pink girl had calmed down thanks to Izuku and was now sitting in his, still normal, double's lap, as he stroked her hair and let her lay her tear stained and sad face against his shoulder as she clung to Izuku for support.

Both of them rubbed her belly as Izuku helped keep Mina calm.

He'd also already blocked the vents with acidic slime and the door was still sealed, so no gas was seeping in to mess with them.

Mina made a choked sound in the back of her throat and Izuku was already cooing sweet nothings in her ear before she could start crying again.

"It's ok... Toru will be ok and she won't hate you once this is over..." Izuku promised but Mina shook her head in his chest.

"You don't know what it's like though Izuku... and us doing it like that in front of her TWICE..." Mina trailed off as fresh tears leaked out.

"Toru already has issues with people not being able to see or notice her... what we did may have really broken her..." Mina whimpered and Izuku pulled her closer against him.

"I promise you everything will be ok... you know she's stronger then that and she would never hate you" Izuku assured Mina as he rested his head on top of her's while trying to ignore the splitting headache he was getting.

There was a moment of silence that followed as Mina just rested in Izuku's arms. Eventually she sighed though and lifted her head up as her pregnancy hormones kicked in and her mood shifted back to calm.

"Well, can we at least do something to ditch the creepy lighting" she moaned lightly as she glanced up at the red emergency light.

She was surprised when the room immediately filled with a green and blue glow and she turned her attention back to a bashful Izuku as his skin and eyes glowed in bioluminescence patterns.

Mina blinked in confusion while Izuku laughed nervously.

"A lot of amphibians and minerals can glow under UV light and Nejire's quirk is really bright, so I actually have quite a few options to pick from" Izuku explained with a light wince at the mental load he was putting on himself.

Mina just stared for a moment before she started to choke up. Then she started bawling as she buried her face in Izuku's chest.

Izuku immediately started panicking as she squeezed him tightly.

"M-M-Mina! I-I'm sorry! I didn't-muff!?" Izuku was cut off by Mina kissing him deeply.

"No, I'm sorry! I'm... just so happy you're the one who knocked me up!" Mina cried as tears continued to flow.

"I'm so happy to have you and so many babies, but I also want gummy bears dipped in sour cream, which is gross but I just want it so badly!" Mina cried out as she looped her arms around Izuku's back and hugged him tightly, causing the confused and scared father-to-be, to choke for air that his double didn't actually need.