chapter 22: scream

*third person's pov*

The scream echoed the place , alerting almost everyone near. Rengoku Kyojuro, once the beloved hashira, screamed in rage for blood.

"We have to get him away!" Giyu yelled, trying to calm the raging demon. "We must kill him tomioka-san!" Shinobu argued back as she tried to get to her katana, which was thrown far away. Tomioka let out a frustrated sigh and remained quiet and tried to focus.

How could he kill someone like Rengoku? It wasn't his fault that he was turned into a demon.. in this deep distress, Tomioka's memories faded back to when everytime Rengoku tried to get him to smile, while he sat away from the others.

"I will try and make you smile!"

Tomioka remember these words. He shook the thoughts out of his head and focused on the task at hand.

"Kocho, do you have any kind of medicine to calm him down?" Tomioka asked as he fended off one of the incoming flames front the demon. "I do but, I have to get to get my katana". Tomioka thought for a few seconds. "I'll distract him, get the katana."giyu took off in the air, already wounded by the upperranking demon, this was getting harder than he thought.

*Tomioka's pov*

I knew that rengoku would be strong after being a demon...but, this..I never imagined this much. I blocked one of the incoming attacks using my katana. I saw kocho following me to get her katana.

The flames are more hotter than before. I can't keep up.

I kept dodging his attacks by releasing multiple techniques at once. "Mizu no kokyu : jū no kata: sei sei ruten (water breathing:10th form: water basin)". I kept dodging each and every attack as much as possible, there were visible burns on my body, most of my haori was burnt.

I was thinking of a way to get to kocho's katana when rengoku stopped for a moment and touched the ground with his hands. " Chīkijūtsu..." I heard him mutter inaudibly. Even before I could hear the rest, I felt the ground below me shake. Prepared myself for the attack , but it was something much greater than I thought.

*Third person pov*

The sudden Burt of flames engulfed the water pillar almost entirely. "Tomioka-san!" Shinobu called out as she reached for her katana. The flames burned down trees and plants near by, burning them to ash. Just when shinobu thought it was the end for the Burnett, she saw a figure jumping high into the sky belonging to none else than giyu. "Did you get your katana?" He asked frantically, his clothes burning from the ends. She gave a nod, taking hold of the man's Haori she threw it aside "it's on fire." She said as she turned to look back at him.

Now, not too far away...the uppermoon three was on his way ,jumping from one branch to another.

*Akaza pov*

He is close by...I can sense it!. I jumped from another branch, excited to meet him..

"I won't let him get away!"I said as I jumped again. I stopped for a few seconds when I saw the fire, I looked at it blankly for a few seconds. "Very good! Keep getting stronger, kyojuro!" I smirked and continued.

I can't let him go this time. He already managed to unlock his blood demon art. I won't let him go. My mind was filled with excitement until I felt a sudden pain and collapsed.

"Muzan-sama..." I muttered as I got on one of my knees. His voice was in my head.

"What do you think you are doing? Have you found it?"

"I haven't been abled to retrieve any information on the blue spider lily, muzan-sama."

"You have disappointed me..akaza.."

I lowered my head further. Dear filled my mind.

"Bring me the demon.."

I raised my head, confusion filled my mind. " Are you refering to..kyojuro, muzan-sama?"

"Yes, now do I have to repeat my self? You have still sunrise and if he isn't in the mugen castle by then..consider your rank to be taken by hantengu."

I nodded and bowed. "Understood muzan-sama." I felt the pain in my body fade away. "Kyojuro...you will come with me today.." i jumped and started rushing faster.