chapter 20 : battle of the night

*no one's pov*

The the two pillars were struggling...
Shinobu couldn't do much since the demon avoided her and her attacks and focused of the other two..
"Oto..no kokyū : ichi no kata! Todoroki!" Uzui lunged towards the demon with his last remaining power.
The uppermoon smirked and deflected the attack, grabbing uzui by his throat in the process. "If you don't tell me where he is.. I'll simply find him after killing you.."the uppermoon chimed as he strangled the slayer. "kocho! Go to rengoku..." The pillar choked out as he tried to fight back the demon.
Akaza smirked and gripped his throat tighter.."die.." he whispered as he choked uzui. The pillar gasped for air.
"Mizu no kokyū:ju no kata...sei sei Ruten!" Giyu cut off akaza's hands that gripped the other's throat.
Akaza jumped back away from them as he saw giyu rush were shinobu was and uzui lie on the ground,making sure that he wasn't breathing akaza went after giyu.

"Now, where is kyojuro?" He asked himself as he ran after giyu who seemed to have just vanished. Akaza roamed the place as he went in search of the now demon pillar.

*Giyu's pov*

I must...make sure he doesn't get 'him'

I ran through the now shattered buildings. I ran through the place with my katana steadily held in my right hand. I kept taking deep breaths and prepared myself for any attacks.

I don't know where rengoku is.. he was supposed to be in the room with uzui but, kocho told me that she had searched throughly... Where is he?

I felt like my legs would give out any second. I felt the air around me change.. I stopped and gripped my sword and looked around turning to each direction with equal intervals. I directed my eyes to the direction where I heard a little shuffling from..

I looked slowly moved towards the side to find a trail of...flames?. I looked ahead and followed the trail. The flames were bright red unlike normal ones. I followed the fiery trail and found a figure walking in the distance.
My eyes widened.. I looked at the figure and sheath my katana as, I rushed towards the figure. "Rengoku" I called out quietly as I got in the front an looked at person in front of me. His head hung low as he let out a low growl. "Rengoku, follow me, we have to get out" I said as I grabbed his arm.. his eyes shining brightly as he looked at me..His eyes having cat like slits, the marks across what seemed like his entire body shined.

"What..." I looked at him as he stood still. He grabbed my hand and pinned me against the ground. I used my katana to hold him back, I let out a low grunt as I tried to hold him back.

What has gotten into him?..

°flash back to the time when the fight just began°

*Rengoku pov*

I woke up with my stomach growling..
"Why am I feeling this hungry?.." I got up from my bed and looked around me for any kind of item edible for a demon.

I threw the white vase placed on the table and broke it out of rage. "Food!"
I yelled. I kicked the door open and walked out. I tired to look for any thing I could eat..

There must be a human around. Find it and feast on it ,Kyojuro...

I flinched from the sudden voice in my head. I nodded to myself and and walked down the stairs. The demon slayers that brought me here, where are they?.
My footsteps made a creek on the wooden staircase. My mind was flooded with a single goal...
"Food..." I looked at a elderly woman, She was hiding under the table, clearly afraid of the sound heard from the fight outside.

I slowly walked towards her...

The flames on my body turned bright red... I growled.. my eyes turning blood red.. a horn made its way through my forehead...

Food....