chapter 4 : i miss you

*tanjiro pov*

Aoi just left the room to inform shinobou-san about the demon's scent .

I have been left alone with rengoku-san.
I walked over to the bed where he was lying down covered in bandages .

I sat on a chair that was kept next to the bed and unconsciously held rengoku-san's hand .
I broke down at the site of him.
" I... I am sorry " I whispered while tears stained my cheeks.
" I am sorry rengoku-san I couldn't help you... "
"I AM SORRY , I COULDN'T PROTECT YOU!" I yelled holding his hands tightly .
"I am sorry... Rengoku-san..." I was crying I was now hugging him .

I wiped away my tears and looked at him.

" nezuko misses you rengoku-san, so does inosuke and zenitsu. Uzui-san is worried about you , he kept asking me all kinds of questions when we were coming here " I said laughing a little .

"I...I miss you rengoku-san... Please wake up as soon as possible..." I didn't even notice that I was crying. I hugged him tightly but made sure I was hurting him . I was starting to doze off . I tried to keep myself up but I couldn't.

*Rengoku pov *

I can't see anything.

I am in a darkness .

'where am I ' I was looking around to find a way out , but I was suddenly interrupted by a feeling .
'what is this... I feel like I am getting hugged' I just closed my eyes and accepted the warm embrace . I fell back into the darkness. 

*Shinobou pov *

I have just started my journey back home after visiting oyakata-sama .
'i hope rengoku's condition gets better soon'

"CAW CAW! Kocho shinobou ! You are needed at the butterfly mansion , CAW CAW!"

' has rengoku woken up ' I looked up and quickened my pace .
' or rengoku has ....' I cleared my mind off case scenarios and headed to the mansion quickly.

I reached the mansion

'please don't be what I thought it would be '

I walking into the compound to find everything normal .
'huh, did that crow give me the wrong information?'

"KOCHO-SAN"
I turned to that direction to find a scared aoi running at me with full speed
" Ara Ara , aoi-san slow down " I was backing away a little .
I was soon tackled to the ground by aoi
"What happened ?"
"It.. it is rengoku-san"
' oh God please don't be what I think it is ' I though trying to be calm
"What happened to him..."
"Oh, nothing happened to him " aoi said looking at me
" Thank god..." I sighed . It was truly a relief to know that nothing happened to him .
" Then what happened aoi, that you called me to come to the mansion this quick ?"
"It ... It is .. the room " aoi said looking scared
"What's wrong with the room ?"
"Tanjiro... He said that he smelt a demon's scent in there"
"What... Where are they now?''
" They are both in the room "
"Ok , aoi please inform oyakata-sama about the situation"
"Hai!"
"Now to take care of the demon "