chapter 10: rengoku kyojuro

*no one's pov*

The  young demon slayer's stood in awe as they saw the one before them .

" Kyojuro~ I thought I asked you to stay there~" the pink haired demon said with a smug face .
" I am not yours to ask me to stay somewhere! I AM RENGOKU KYOJURO THE FLAME HASHIRA ! " The demon hashira was  getting angrier by second as he spoke . Flames were forming all around the upper moon .
" What are yo-"
"DEMON OR NOT, I WILL PROTECT HUMANS FROM DEMONS EVEN IF I HAVE TO KILL MYSELF !" Rengoku took a giant leap into the air and aimed his sword from above at the uppermoon and made a flame circle around the demon, not letting the demon escape and attacked he demon with his blade cutting off akaza's hands .
" I will not let you harm them..." Rengoku said as he looked into akaza's eyes with bloodlust in his own crimson eyes .

Flashback ( when akaza left the house )

*Rengoku pov*

' I have to get out of here 'i looked around and tried to free myself failing miserably.
"How do I get out " I was trying as hard as I can to escape . I slowly felt tears stain my cheek. 
" I... I...I HAVE TO GET OUT!" I yelled . I looked around to find flames forming near me .
" How did that appear..." I noticed the marks on my chest glow as the flames increase .
'did i do that ?' I thought. I tried focus as much as I can to find a way to get out ignoring the flames . I suddenly got the thought of akaza calling me a demon making my blood boil.
" That bastard ! I will kill him ! " Just as I said that flames were created all around me.

*Clack*

I looked at my hand to find the metal cuffs melted next to it on the ground .
" I did that ?" I was trying to figure it out and remember that I was a demon so it could be my blood demon art . .
" Well that is the only thing I could figure out " I looked around and found my sword with my cloak on a table .
" Time to finish this " I said as I picked it up and left "

I walked through the forest having difficulty with my new form since I could sense everything around me see , hear and smell everything .
I stopped at my tracks because of scream .
'What is that...' I ran towards the direction of the sound to find akaza holding a slayer  by it's neck choking him while approaching the other slayers to attack them ,  I cut off this hand . And hide again . As he started to move again I slashed his back . He started yelling something to which I didn't pay attention and I focused on saving the slayers. I was brought back from my thoughts when he  threw a slayer in the air and kick him forcing him to the ground making him cough blood . 'shit , I have to do something!' I thought. He started a count down for me to appear before the slayer was killed by him.
' what do I do ' I thought thinking of something.
"Ichi!" He shouted
"Ni" I have to fight him .
"San" saying that he stomped on the kid before he could kick the slayer I save it and stood Infront of them protecting them . ' I won't let you kill them , I made a promise!' I thought griping my sword tightly

Back to present time

" I will kill you demon!"  I yelled
" I am not the only demon here kyojuro~"
'i hate him ' I have to kill him but how . Just as I was thinking a slayer called for me .
" Re-rengoku-san is that you ?" He looks scared .
" Yes and no need to be afraid I don't kill or eat humans . I was forced to be a demon...,  but may I ask why you all here isn't this area restricted?" I was actually confused since this area is  a prohibited place because of demons and only the  hashiras were allowed to enter if there was a member of the  12kizuki  spotted near.
" We-we were sent to look for you " my eyes widened.
"Look for me ?" I was about to talk to them when akaza attacked me   I doged the attack and protected the slayers .
"All of you get out of here!" I yelled before looking at akaza . .
" This time I will kill you akaza !" I growled