chapter 21: memories...

*rengoku's pov*

I looked at the woman and slowly walked towards her...

Food...

I thought again... I went near the woman again, she held a little boy behind her. I looked at them and lunged towards them with my sharp nails, ready to tear apart each and every part of them. But...

"Kyojuro.."

I stopped and looked at around. "Who dares to-". My breath hitched as I saw the women Infront of me. She had a very calm expression, she had back hair that was neatly braided. Her ruby eyes mesmerising.. "wh-"

"Kyojuro..my son.."

She called out. "What.." I asked as I looked at her with disbelief. She had a small smile.

"Please... don't"

I looked at her for a moment, why does...my head hurt so much?...I am hungry... I shook my head and turned to attack the woman again. I slowly walked towards the woman with a low growl. The flames like patterns all across my body shined brightly. I looked at the woman infront of me. "Who are you?" I asked angrily, my had was clenched into a fist.

"Kyojuro...I am your mother... Please..don't do it..."

"Mother?" I asked, I looked at the woman infront of me dressed in a white yukata,her hair was in a loose braid, she had a calm expression..I felt myself get almost mesmerised in her ruby eyes..

"Kyojuro..please don't hurt anyone..you must protect them.."

She mumbled once more and then vanished. I looked at the spot she stood on and grunted and smashed the wooden floor into pieces using my leg. I scoffed and walked away into the woods..

"I need food...I...need...FOOD!"

* third person pov*

Rushing to find rengoku, giyu was tackled by the same man. The flame like patterns on the tanned skin of the demon was shinning brightly, holding the man beneath him using his sharp claws.

"Rengoku! It's me!" Giyu yelled trying to get the hungry demon off him."BLOOD!! I NEED BLOOD!!" Rengoku yelled, his eyes going white. Giyu was barely abled to hold him off at his state after the fierce battle against the upper rank three."RENGOKU! STOP!" Giyu yelled again keeping his katana against rengoku's mouth stopping him from attacking him.

"Rengoku-san? Tomioka-san? Are you there?"shinobu called out walking with her katana ready incase if emergency. "Where could they b-"before she could finish her sentence came out a growl and the sound of someone so familiar "tomioka-san's voice?" Shinobu rushed to where the sound came from. "Tomi- RENGOKU!?" Shinobu rushed to tomioka ,preparing her katana with poison as she aimed.

Rengoku kept away from shinobu and growled loudly. He cut open his hand and made a katana made up of his own blood appear. "BLOOD!"  He growled loudly making the ground crack. Giyu stood up with the help of shinobu and leaned on her for support. "He is unstable... We nee d to calm him down." Giyu suggested as he tried to stand on his own "we can't do that. There is and uppermoon roaming around looking for him and you are badly injured. Uzui-san's condition might be even dead."shinobu said holding on to giyu.

"BLOOD!" rengoku screamed attacking the hashira with his demon blood art. Shinobu jumped up high with giyu on her side, they doged the attack but only barely.

"What do we do?" Shinobu asked as giyu though for a second looking at the demon who struck the tree,splitting the tree in half. "If this continues we will have two raging demons" shinobu said as she held giyu and supported him leaping from one tree to another doging the demon's attacks.

Far away from all of this, Uzui was on the ground holding onto his katana as he tried to stand up. "You are weak. Very weak.."akaza said as he approached the wounded pillar with an injury to himself ,that healed instantly. "You..bastard.." uzui muttered trying his best to stand back up. Akaza watched the man suffer as he raised his hand to land a final blow to only halt. A sudden scream from the forest was heard "blood" akaza managed to figure out who it was. He held his hand down and laughed "kyojuro! I am coming!" He laughed.

"No..no..i..argh.." uzui tried to get up to only fall back on the floor. Blood was all around him. Akaza walked up to uzui and bent down and slapped him "I am taking him..and you have already heard his rage for hunger, right?" Akaza said with a smirk was he jumped up and left uzui by himself as he fainted after a few minutes.

"I am coming for you kyojuro!"