Chapter 26

OLIVIA

"What are you doing?", I ask Aria, who is meanwhile standing in an undershirt and a pair of white sweatpants in front of the mirror, a fluffy headband keeping her hair from falling on her forehead, those wavy blonde curls in a bun, makeup bag next to the sink.

"Thought I'd do a Get Ready With Me today", she tells me, a bright smile on. It's then I see her phone in some sort of fancy support with a led circle, showing she's filming right now.

"Are you live?", I ask her, if only to know if to go away or not.

"Nah", she says shrugging. "I want to make many small videos then edit them all together."

I nod and come inside the bathroom, closer to her, taking a sit with my back against the small cabinet with the different towels. I am sitting so low that the camera can't see me, which allows her to finish her makeup tutorial.

Luckily, she was already done with the skin and the eyes, so she only needed to apply some lipstick on, and she's done. As she closes her phone, she takes a sit opposite mine on the ground, not minding getting changed or clean her face first.

"How was it?", she asks me, and I don't even know what she's talking about.

"The gala? I don't know, you tell me. Oh wait, you left", I tease her.

She smirks now. "But who got some alone time with Mr. Charming?"

I refuse to answer to that question.

"Who did?", she refuses to let it go.

"Fine, I did", I answer. And what a time I had with Mr. Charming.

"I knew it", she lets out squealing. "Now, are you planning on telling me details or do you want me to get them out of you?"

I raise an eyebrow. "You wouldn't be able to hurt an insect."

"That's because insects are perfectly perfect creatures who are part of the nature. I mean, why would you ever want to harm a butterfly?"

I roll my eyes and don't know what else to say. So, I decide to tell her about my evening. "He carried me around Broix."

Aria almost chokes on the nothing in her throat. "I'm sorry, what?!"

"He carried me around Broix. Gave me a tour of the city."

"I bet it wasn't the city you were staring at", she mutters, her face looking devious now.

"What does that even mean?"

"Girl, look, we have all seen Mister West. And the little formations on his arms. Definetly stare worthy."

"Want me to introduce you to him?", I ask her, also smirking now.

"No, thank you. I know an end game when I see one. Which leads me back to, the man freaking carried you around town."

"He did", I answer, letting out a soft chuckle. I still can't believe he did that.

"I want a man to carry me around town", she whispers.

It's the first time I heard my bestie talk about relationships in which she might be involved in a long time.

"You don't deserve a man who will carry you around town", I mutter. She looks up at me, confusion in her eyes. It's then I smile at her. "You deserve a man who will carry you around town, kiss you every five meters and buy you whatever you want because he will know he is the luckiest guy on Earth."

A small tear rolls down her face, one she quickly wipes away. "If you would have told me you'd go so deep, I would have used my waterproof mascara."

I have to laugh at that. For that's what Aria does. Every time things get emotional or sad, she tries to lighten them up with a joke.

"Nonsense. You look nice", I counter.

She raises an eyebrow at me, showing me, she doesn't believe me. However, she quickly goes back to a relaxed face expression and asks: "So, did you and Nathan kiss yet?"

I almost run out of breath. "ARIA"

"What?! Did you?"

"No", I whisper.

"Do you want to?", she continues.

"I don't know."

"Oh, come on. We all know you do."

"No. You don't."

"But we do. You want his lips on your lips. You want his tongue in your mouth. It's easy."

"How the heck do you know all this?"

"How the heck don't you all know this? I mean, you've already did all of this stuff with him. Kisses. Se..."

"Aria", I let out, the urge to just get the next shovel, dig a hole and crawl into it now greater than ever.

"Fine", she lets out with a scoff. "More than kisses. Naked. In a be..."

"ARIA"

"I get it, I get it. Not in the mood for a boo. Just give me a call when I need to find a bridesmaid dress."

"Do you already have a color preference?", I tease her.

She's grinning wider than ever as she stands up and heads to her bedroom, probably to get Ollie if you ask me, and she replies. "Pink would be nice."

I can't help but roll my eyes.