Chapter XXXIII - "Prom date!"

Start from the beginning

"Oh shit-" Ollie tried to fight the surge of laughter coming with a cough, but his face was all red. He leaned onto my ear and whispered something, his smile so wide I bet his cheeks started aching.

I leaned to Innes and whispered in her ear. "Ollie wants you to know that Tyler looks like he has something shoved up his you-know-what."

She looks down, covering her mouth. A small antic she picked up from her brother.

"Ask me to the dance floor later." And Molly lets go.

Tyler's eyes widen. He takes a moment to process his love, jaw playfully dropped and brows shot up. He walks away like a stunned robot, looking at me like a lottery winner.

Ollie crosses his arms, clearly disturbed. "I think I vomited a little."

"Look!" I giggle as I leaned closer to him, showing the photo I took of them.

He chuckles and shakes his head. Ollie points at the picture. "Imagine if I pulled your shirt right now."

"Oh . . . Ahahaha . . . " I shyly tuck the camera away, flustered. How can he say these things?!?

Molly lets out a satisfied sigh. "I have a good feeling about today."

Two people crash into our table.

"HOLY SHIT—" Molly jumped and backed off, there was literally someone slammed on our table!

It was Seth and Touma. Again.

Gasps filled the air and all eyes were on us. Tabletops flew as Touma punched Seth, pinned down against rattled plates.

"Fuck you!" Touma yelled with his fist jabbing down.

I nearly leaped in shock! Everything was going on so fast! A fight was happening in our faces! And at our table! Can't they be civil for once?!?

Something must've came over me because before I knew it . . . My arm was covering Ollie, holding him back.

People started gathering around them, watching in thrill. "Oooh!" They chanted at every hit.

Seth laughed the pain off, spiking Touma's anger to its peak. And somehow, he grabbed Touma's collar and slammed him on the floor. And he smashed spine first.

"Woody! What are you doing?!?" I shouted, concerned for Touma groaning on the ground.

"Oh, quit calling me that!" Seth shouted back, hardening his fist. He hated being called Woody. That's why I call him that. "Or are you gonna punch me again, bitch."

He stretched his neck, ready to charge at Touma again before Astra grabbed him from behind.

"That's about enough." And she drags him away and leaves him kicking air.

"Hey! Hey! Let me go, bitch!!!"

"No."

She takes one skeptical glance at me before disappearing out the door, everybody staring at them.

Right. She reported me to the police.

Tic Tic!

Heads turned at the stage as a mic tapped, snaring our attention. Naomi Vegas stood, grinning in his classic tuxedo. "You okay back there, Touma?"

Touma scoffs and flips him off, pushing himself off the floor. "I don't even want to be here."

"Feisty one, I see."

And everyone laughs.

"Okay, back to the event of the year!" He puts on his best voice, grinning. He had headphones on, one ear out, and a Cheshire cat smile. "You already know who I am! Naomi Vegas, me, is more than thrilled to be your host for tonight! And what a way to start prom with a bang! Or should I say a punch?"