T W E N T Y T H R E E

Começar do início

"It'll all be fine. Tomorrow, Shawn and Nora will be back, Zia and Lia will play around all day, and everything will return to normal," I reassured myself, speaking to the darkness.

"We will get to him, and you know we will. We have you, don't we my beloved sister?"

I switched off the bedside lamp and played went back under the covers.

Out of the blue, warmness engulfed me. Strong arms wrapped around my body, pulling me into Lucas's warm, reassuring chest.

My body wanted to melt, to give into the only person it trusted but this weird feeling of betraying Lucas kept me frigid.

I couldn't tell him I was because if I did, he'd be in danger and i need to be sure.

I will tell him.

All I need is a day or two to confirm my suspicions, I won't hide this from him.

A well placed pawn is more powerful than the king.

A strong arm snaked around my waist and pulled me into a firm embrace from behind.

My senses immediately gave in my body relaxed knowing immediately who was behind me.

I attempted to turn around to face him, but Lucas held me in position, preventing me from moving. I was facing the wall with Lucas's chest right by my ear.

"Let me turn around" I murmured as my voice cracked.

"no" Lucas replied immediately and tightened his hold.

"Please" I requested.

I needed to see him.

"Can't see you with tears in your eyes." Lucas explained in a short sentence making me want to sob louder.

I had it all and still didn't.

Lucas did everything right now.

And wrong in the past.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, clearing my throat.  Lucas's soft lips grazed my neck, sending shivers down my spine

"Anything" Lucas replied as his chest vibrated with his voice and soft lips kissed my neck.

"Will you be honest?" I questioned, closing my eyes and leaning into his embrace, feeling the steadiness of his heartbeat.

"Always." he assured.

"Did you read all the letters?" I asked, ready to confront my past.

"Each and every word." Lucas spoke clearly, his face nestled in the curve of my neck.

"And still did not respond, knowing how bad things were for me?" I asked, as a lone tear slipped my eyes.

"I wasn't in the position to respond." Lucas explained as his hand gently wiped my tear away.

"Was your position worse than mine?" I pressed, my curiosity consuming me.

"My position depends on how you are, Angel. Always. If you were in pain, so was I. If you were okay, then so was I," Lucas spoke with hidden truths but clear intentions.

I placed my hand on top of his, tracing his skin gently. "So many scars, so many battles. What if something happens to you?" I asked, diverting from the past and focusing on the present.

"As long as everyone in my family survives,
My life doesn't matter." Lucas grumbled as he traced his hand on the side of my face and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"What about me?" I questioned, my irritation slowly rising.

"You'll always be above me Angel, my only equal the only one I'll bow too."