F O U R

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"Get ready, make sure you look pretty

"Get ready, make sure you look pretty. Unfortunately, that's the only thing you're good at anyways" Zack scoffed, pushing me towards the dressing room.

I looked up to see a lady look at me with big, wide eyes. The moment our eyes met, she immediately bowed down.

"Don't worry about him, he's a little angry with me since I told him I won't let him walk me down the aisle," I said, with a small smile trying to cover up the moment that just played up between Zack and me a few moments ago.

A smile faker than the love that my adopted family had for me.

How was I supposed to smile when they were selling my soul to a man that I didn't even know? How was I supposed to smile when I hated myself for longing for someone who left me and never came back?

How was I supposed to smile when I was going to marry someone within six hours, and it wasn't him?

How?

I paused my thoughts, wincing at the sudden and sharp pain in my arms. I glanced down to see blood oozing from my arms and the makeup lady in front of the stand, now holding a pocket knife.

Great, wasn't she a makeup artist?

"What's this about?" I asked, my friendly demeanour now vanishing.

"Money, easy money. Imagine the amount I'll get I kidnap you right now, you're equivalent to the value of a diamond" the lady said, pushing her hand back to attack me once again but before she could, I flipped her over.

It was already a bad day and it just had to get worse.

"Ma'am, is everything alright?" The security outside the dressing room asked making me sigh.

"I'm fine," I replied, removing my shirt and tying my shirt around the lady's wrists, leaving me in my sports bra.

"Let's not do this today, stay quiet or I call the security inside" I commanded and changed into the white wedding gown on my own.

The anger and pain flowing throughout my body.

All I've ever wanted is one simple thing, to walk away.

Not a chase, never a chase.

If I wanted, I could have run away from this hell years ago and hidden. I knew exactly what I had to do for running away from this place but I didn't want to run away. I've never wanted to live a life where I'd be chased, where I'd have to measure the casualty I'm taking every time I walk around the streets.

I've made the decision to stay, to not run away. When I leave, I want to go to mums grave without the fear of losing my life because I ran away, that's all I've ever asked for from my life.