E L E V E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

I took my time with it

I took my time looking at the man who had just returned to his realm after a long absence.

The same man who appeared to be at odds with himself, battling for every breath he drew.

I stood by the bed not knowing what to anticipate from Lucas or his realm at the time, but I needed to be there.

I wanted to be there, for him on days when he thought he had no one to fight for.

It irked me, the thought of Lucas giving up on me and not fighting for me for all these years. It felt like a wound that wouldn't heal unless applied rubbing alcohol too. I wanted the truth, I wanted all of it, the good and bad.

Everything.

Lucas stared at me, his eyes dark. He took a small step towards me and winced but continued advancing forward until he was just a few steps away from me when he tripped and fell into the bed with me underneath him.

One close look at him and I could see the uncountable scratches decorating his body, a particularly deep wound on the left side of Lucas's stomach is what kept nagging me. The blood around it had dried but the wound was still fresh and bleeding from the middle.

I took a ragged breath and looked up only for my gaze to meet Lucas's and the moment our eyes met, he groaned and tumbled down on the other side of the bed falling unconscious.

"LUCAS?" I called out, almost screaming.

"I'm just tired, I won't d-die that easily,"  Lucas mumbled, his eyes closed.

I closed my eyes for a second, calming myself down.

He's fine.

He's here.

He's just tired.

I got up and headed to the washroom, looking around for the first aid box, I quickly grabbed it and went back to the room.

As I approached Lucas, he groaned a little and his eye was closed. I quickly unbuttoned his shirt and pulled it away from his body, worrying about how unresponsive Lucas was becoming by the minute.

Thousands of scars adorned his entire torso, both new and old. I swiftly opened the first aid box after regulating my breathing.

He's going to need stitches for the wound on his stomach.

It bleeding too much, blood is flowing away.

It's all becoming red, everything is soaking up blood.