F I F T E E N

𝘐'𝘷𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢 𝘴𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘷𝘦, 𝘦𝘯𝘫𝘰𝘺.

♥️

"Will I get to eat ten chocolates if I win?" Lia asked, looking up at Shawn and Lucas, who frowned

"You'll get as many chocolates as you want, regardless of the result of the game," Shawn said, applying sunscreen on Lia's face.

"I'll deduct one chocolate for every scratch on your body," Lucas added while standing beside me at a small distance from Lia.

He has a weird way of showing affection.

"That's not fair!" Lia screeched, her eyes getting slightly teary.

"Safeguards are essential. You've got to make sure you're not hurt. That's all that matters," Lucas muttered and sized up at all the safeguards around Lia's tiny body.

"Baby, here's some immunity-boosting slurpy. Eat it up quickly," Nora exclaimed, handing the packets to Lia.

"I don't want you getting hurt on the field, alright? Take precautions." Shawn stated, patting Lia's head.

"Don't try and kick the ball; you might sprain your leg," Lucas added, making Lia frown.

"But it's a football match." Lia tried explaining as Lucas shrugged.

"Exactly, you shouldn't be here, to begin with. What if you fall down or sprain your leg or something." Lucas said, huffing towards the end of the sentence.

"Hey Lia, are you ready to lose?" A kid screamed from the other side of the seats.

"As if, she's the best at everything she does", Shawn screamed back while Lucas glared at the boy, "dumb fu*ck". He mumbled softly, which I could barely hear.

"We both know you're better than everyone around here, so go and win, but I don't want to see a single scratch on your body," Lucas said, directing his gaze at Lia.

He bent down to her level and quickly adjusted her head shield.

"We're all rooting for you, bubs," I said, bending down and giving Lia a quick kiss on her cheeks.

Nora and Shawn hugged Lia as she ran away to the field to her teammates.

"She won't get hurt, will she? I've got three doctors ready at home," Shawn asked Lucas, his eyes trained on Lia.

"I've got an ambulance on stand-by outside the stadium," Lucas responded; Shawn looked at Lucas for a quick second, and both of them gave each other a nod of approval.

I bent forward and looked at Nora, hoping she could see what I saw and indeed, she was.

"An ambulance?" Nora asked, her face scrunched up along with mine as I continued, "and three doctors?"