College-bound

In the BMO Ship, everyone is worried about the pilot. Danny hasn't said a word since they took off. Not when they picked up Fred and the professor. Not when they collected and informed the Kirkmans. Not when Marshall and Gary spoke with the Neo Mars authorities or Mervadahs about Conner.

He barely said anything when Con met both sides of his grieving family. It was a cry fest that turned loud when matters of visitation came into place.

Fionna being his partner went up to check on him, "Danny are you doing alright? You've been driving for a long time and you haven't said a word since we left."

"I'll be fine. Not the first time the people I loved kept something huge from me." he sees her concerned eyes and sighs. "You mind?" she nods and takes over piloting. he stands up to look out the window. "I'm sorry we couldn't find more on your mom but with what we discovered about Conner."

"It's okay. At least I had one big question answered." her face looks forward in determination. "My mom is out there Danny and I'm going to find her."

————one week later————

Planet Express: Meeting Room. BMO, Cake, Fionna, and Danny sit around the table. Enter Giovanna with a large crate on a hover trolley.

"Good news, everyone." She presses a button on the trolley and it lowers itself to the floor. "We've got a very special delivery today."

"Who's it going to?"

"Me."

Cake goes to get some coffee, "Another job well done."

"No, I need it shipped to my new office at Mars University."

"Oh yeah, you got hired as a Prof. Congrats."

"Congrats all around. Jay and Des will be attending this semester as students. I managed to pull some strings." she pats both teens on the back.

Danny: "So what's in the crate?"

She strokes the crate. "It's a little experiment that may win me the Nobel Prize."

"In what field?"

"Hmm. I hadn't thought about it."

Fionna stands next to the box, "Is it dangerous?"

"Oh, my, no." Cake kicks the box and it starts shaking. Giovanna pulls a tranquilizer bath bomb. She drops in through a hole in the crate and purple foam leaks out. It snores and the shaking and growling stops. "Off we go!"

Cake sniffs, "Hmm. Lavender." she falls forward and sleeps.

——————————

We see the ship flying toward the Mars University Campus. The ship flies over a sign and lands in a space on the campus grounds.

Giovanna and Wallow take BMO, Cake, Des, Jay, Fionna, and Danny on a tour of the university grounds. They walk past a statue.

Fionna: "Amazing. Before I met Simon we had no idea there was even life on Mars."

"Well, in the 21st century, Mars was just a dreary, uninhabitable wasteland. It was eventually made livable, in 2636 then the university was founded soon after."

"They planted traditional college foliage; ivy, Birch, hemp. Pioneer flora that terraformed inside the domes."

"Over here is Savage Library. It has the largest collection of literature in the Western Universe." Fionna peers through the glass.

"Hey, look! There's a chapter of my robot fraternity, Epsilon Rho Rho." BMO points to a beaten-up frat house with a neon "ERR" sign atop it. There is a smashed-up car, some kegs, a cable spool being used as a table, some kegs, some dustbins, some kegs, some upturned chairs, and some kegs around it.