Base of Secrets

Now that the ship is fully registered, painfully thanks to a certain UOOPP captain. The crew can safely land on Neo Mars with it.

With new access comes a new request. Fred is being asked to visit his folks. Giovanna asked to join the Mars University board. Marshall and Gary tagged along to get more info on Conner's family. Jay and Des coming along to check the university campus. As well as support for Fionna when she faces the possible truth about her missing mother.

-Cockpit-

"Finally eligible to visit home. Can't wait to see the others and our folks." Wallow exclaimed joyfully.

"Yeah, but there's some things I wouldn't mind avoiding," Danny stated.

"Dude, you're not still upset at the possibility of Fi's mom are you?" The red warrior remained silent. "Just relax you told her and she was understanding of the probabilities."

"Wallow, Fionna was no older than us when her mother vanished. Imagine if we had no communication or proof they were still alive for half our life do you think you could have handled what she's feeling?"

"Not alone I wouldn't and Fionna still had her dad."

"Who died after she finished school."

Wallow hung his head. "Okay this is more delicate than I thought but Fionna has us in her support system and we'll be there to help."

"Let's hope the files prove useful." Danny concludes."

Changing the subject, "Now with that handled, how are you feeling bringing everyone to the base?"

"Fine. It'll be nice to see the place again and we can introduce the crew to the team."

"Yo, I'm looking forward to Cake's reaction to Impossibear and Catbug!" Wallow laughs.

"And I can't wait for Fionna, to meet Chris and Beth."

"Oh huh, Danny I forgot to tell you they're not at the base. They went on a mission before you found me."

"They went on a mission without you?"

"Yeah, but I had my solo underway remember? I got jacked by bots."

Danny stares, "I guess with all the other stuff happening I didn't think to

But their mission was expected to take long so it's all good." Wallow says turning his attention to the ship's inventory.

"Okay." Danny turns focus to piloting the ship but Wallow's words felt off.

——Fionna's room——

"I can't wait to see what Neo Mars is like," Fionna says to Cake.

"Why? According to Danny, it's like a futuristic version of Earth but with Humans and Humanoid aliens."

"Yeah, but we get to go to a real superhero team's secret HQ!" She brushes her hair, and sees Cake's thoughtful gaze out the window, "You okay? I thought you'd be more stoked about this."

"I am but Fi, have you noticed Danny and Wallow acting weird since the trash ball event?"

Fionna thinks, "Yeah but Danny told me it was cause he remembered about a Martina that may be my mother Martina."

"And y'all kissed." she teased. "But it's not that it's something else. So
Etching that makes my tail all frizzy."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm not sure yet but I do know they're hiding something and for their sake, it better not bite us in the butt." Just then Des arrives at the room excited, "We're here!"