Fly Me to the Moon

Fionna's Pov

We are currently in the BMore Planetary Express Meeting Room. Jay, Desnity, Cake, Danny and I sit around a big green table facing a big screen that Professor Giovanna stands in front of.

"As new employees, I'd like your opinion on our commercial. I paid to have it air during the Super Bowl," She says.

"Wow!"

"Not on the same channel, of course," Giovanna replies. She puts a tiny video into the VCR, the commercial appears on the screen. A man sits in his office, a huge, green gelatinous blob with three eyes is in front of him. I shudder a bit at the sight of the blob.

"Interplanetary deliveries, what a headache!" A voiceover announced.

"Evans! Where's that package from Earth?" The blob shouted.

"Uh..." the HGB eats him. The man is suspended in the creature's translucent body. I gasp quietly. "I'm not Evans!"

The Horrible Gelatinous Blob turned to the camera. "He should've used Planet Express!" The blob shouted.

"When those other companies aren't brave or foolhardy enough to go, trust Planet Express for reliable, on-time delivery," The voice-over announced. As the announcer speaks the Planet Express ship streaks across the screen being chased by spaceships shooting lasers at it. A man runs across an ice world with a parcel while at the same time being bombed. He delivers the parcel and is snatched by a gigantic vulture.

Back in the office, Evans lifts a parcel. "Here's your package, Mr. Horrible Gelatinous Blob," Evans said. "Good work, Evans! You've got a future around here," The blob eats Evans anyway.

"Thank you, sir!" Evans' muffled voice said in the stomach of the blob.

The Planet Express logo appears on the screen. "BMore Planet Express: Our crew is replaceable. Your package isn't!" the voiceover announced. The bird is still carrying the man and squawks. The commercial ends.

"Huh..." I mutter.

"Are there giant birds like that?" Jay questions.

"No, no! That was all just special effects! Now let's have breakfast. I hope everyone likes eggs," Miss Mo says.

We all get up and walk to the kitchen. The old woman opens a giant box of eggs. One hatch and the huge chick inside tries to eat her. She hits it with a frying pan. The professor waves her hands around and yelps as the bird engulfs her head in his mouth. Danny and I rush over and pull her out of the bird's mouth.

The professor hands us cereal and milk. Cake cooks some bacon and we all sit back down at the table. "I'm never going to get used to the 21st century," Danny points to his breakfast.
"Caffeinated coffee? Grapefruit that tastes bitter? Admiral Crunch?" He lists off.

"Yeah... what even?" I pipe in.

"Well, if you don't like that, try some Archduke Chocula," Mo holds up a box of the cereal.

A Jamaican man enters with a large crate.
"Ah, Hermes! Crew, meet Hermes Conrad. He manages my businesses, pays the bills, notifies next of kin, what have you," Professor says.

"Someone came and dropped this package through the slot last night. Now which one of you is the captain?" Hermes questions, looking at us.

"Oh, my! I haven't picked a new captain yet. It's always so hard to choose," Professor says.

She looks around the table. Milk dribbled down Lil Destiny's chin as she pointed to herself. "Ooh! Ooh, ooh, ooh!" Des frantically says. Jay giggles at her enthusiasm. She flashes him a shy smile.