The second prince was named as Arunaditya.  As the years went by, the brothers became inseparable.  While Agneya grew more close to his father, Arunaditya was more close to his mother.  Now, Abhyuday has assigned a personal tutor for Agneya and Krishna, Parth's son who are five years old.  Everyday when these two learn to read and write, Arunaditya, who is nearly four years, will sit beside his brother and simply draw some doodles.  Once the studying is done, all three will play together.   After that Agneya will join his father for sword practice, which he enjoys a lot.

One such day, Kalindi was having a discussion in her own court with fellow women.  Suddenly a maid came running and informed her that Rajkumar Agneya was hurt while playing.  Kalindi immediately went  towards their chamber to see her eldest son sitting in the bed while the younger one was sleeping beside him with dried tears.  Kalindi took Agneya's hand in hers to check upon the burn.  Seeing the long wound covered with herbs, she asked him, "Why are you sitting up, Agni?  Sleep for a while".  Agneya answered, "It's not even paining now, Ma. Initially it burnt my skin but now I'm ok.  Aditya was so scared and cried a lot.  I made him lay down on the bed and within minutes he fell asleep". 

Abhyuday came in and inspected the wound and said, "You can take rest and need not attend sword practice today".  Agneya was disappointed but agreed as he wanted the wound to cure quickly.  Soon he too fell asleep beside his brother leaving his parents alone.  Kalindi brushed Agneya's hair and said to Abhyuday, "Maharaj!  He didn't even flinch when I touched his wound.  It feels like he is trying to look unaffected while hiding his pain".  Saying so, she stood up to take the medicine to reapply on the wound.  Abhyuday kissed both their heads and said, "I don't how these two will stay apart.  One hides his pain while the other cries for his brother's pain".  Kalindi asked, "Why should they stay apart?".  She came near the bed and sat beside Agneya. 

Abhyuday replied, "When Agneya goes for Gurukul, Aditya will have to stay behind.  Else if we send him early, he might face difficulties there".  Kalindi sighed and slowly wiped the previous medicine from the wound.  When she was about to apply it back, she visibly gasped and Abhyuday too looked at it.  They were shocked to see that there was no trace of a burn mark or even a scar.   Kalindi mumbled, "How can it be possible?  Even my wounds get healed quickly but it usually takes atleast a day.  It's like some miracle". 

Abhyuday's mind took him to his father's words regarding remnants of powers remaining with Kalindi.  He took Kalindi with him to the balcony and told her about his suspicion.  Both remained quiet for some time and then Kalindi said, "Does it mean Agneya has those powers with much higher intensity than me?".  Abhyuday stopped her from saying anything more regarding this matter and said, "It's better if we don't contemplate more on this.  If it means anything with respect to the other realm, it will happen regardless.  So we shouldn't make any kind of decisions based on this.  He is our son just like Aditya".  Kalindi agreed on this but her heart was worried whether her son will have to leave them for the other realm.

After 13 years.....

A new maid asked one of her fellow maids, working for several years, "Who are we welcoming today?".  As they looked around the grand decorations and the Queen's impatience, the other maid replied, "It's both the Princes of Rakshatra and the son of the commander-in-chief.  All three of them went together and are now returning after completing their education and training in Gurukul".    Soon the Princes came and first Agneya took his blessings from his parents, followed by Arunaditya.  While Agneya was searching around for someone, Arunaditya voiced it out, "Where is my sister, Ma?".  Kalindi asked Rekha to bring her sleeping three year old daughter.  The brothers took their sister one after the other but careful enough to not disturb her sleep.  They were resting in a shared chamber when Agneya was informed by a maid that his parents are waiting for him in the King's study.  

Once he reached the study, Agneya greeted both his parents and waited for them to talk.    Abhyuday said, "Agni!  We have waited for you to return from Gurukul so that we can make a coronation ceremony for you as Yuvraj.  Do you have any objections?".   Agneya replied, "As long as you find it right, I don't have any objections, Father".  Agneya has always looked upto his father as an ideal  King, husband and Father.  So he would never go against his father's decision.  Kalindi congratulated her son and kissed his forehead.  Then she went to inform her younger son about the news as she knew he would be over the moon.  The Father son duo was left behind in the King's study chamber. 

Just then they heard a sharp sound followed by a blinding light.  When the light subsided, they heard a door opening sound.

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Vaidh ji - Doctor
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi Guys,

Finally we are at the end of this book.  I have not given many moments about their childhood but it will be added either in bonus chapter or later in the next book.

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks for all your love.

Thanks,
SM.