Chapter 51 - Happiness

Seeing him coughing a lot, Abhyuday asked him to rest and was about to leave, when Virendra said, "Won't you ask where is that child now?".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Abhyuday frowned at the question and asked, "Didn't the family return back to their world?".  Maharaj virendra said, "Only their child was left behind.  Because she was marked".  Before Abhyuday could question further, Virendra continued, "Once my father was banished, we waited for the other King to come back, which so happened to be on the same day.  When the lady was about to go, YOU grabbed her hands and cried that you want the child here.  We somehow consoled you with false assurance and were about to bid adieu to them.  But suddenly the Queen gasped on looking at her baby and then the King also followed the same.  Both of them looked at you in shock".

Virendra coughed a little and then continued, "They saw a mark on their daughter which was a star shaped one.  It was a mark of the soulmate.  Whenever a man touches his soulmate, then a mark will appear on their skin.  And that mark appeared after you touched their daughter's hand.  They were in tears because now they cannot take their daughter with themselves, back to their realm.  The reason is that she has become a normal human with just a few remnants of her hereditary powers.  So, as a child it might even take her life if they travel between realms and moreover after the marking, it would be distressing for the soulmates to be in two different realms altogether.  Thus it was a hard decision for them to leave her here but they have to go back for their people as well as their older sons.  But they were not sure about where to leave her and at whose care she should live in.  They also mentioned that hereafter she won't have life threats as her possession of immortal blood is no more a reality.  So, To assure them of her safety, Chandria promised the Queen that she will definitely make you marry her daughter and also promised to keep her safe.  Even my friend, for whom I went to help, came forward to look after her till she attains a marriageable age.  It was hard for them to depart from their only daughter but finally they departed from here".

Virendra came near Abhyuday and said, "Now you know, who the child was?".  Abhyuday was stunned at the revelation and said in a neutral tone, "It's Kalindi".  Virendra nodded and then said, "I don't know when her biological parents will come back but I can assure you one thing, her life is destined here and no one can change it".  Abhyuday nodded at him and went away to his chamber, leaving the Vaidh to treat his father.  Later they will change the chamber to the King and Queen's one after Kalindi's delivery.  Abhyuday entered his chamber and saw that Kalindi was sleeping peacefully.  He went near her and sat beside her on the bed.  He caressed her face which made her smile in her sleep.  His eyes landed on her star mark near her navel, which he assumed to be a mole.  Now he has second thoughts on whether it is a boon or a bane.  And how Kalindi will take in the news. 

Abhyuday wiped his tears as he didn't want to disturb her sleep.  He kissed her forehead and kissed her baby bump, which was visible slightly.  When morning came, Kalindi woke up from her sleep and felt refreshed as it was a peaceful night after all the chaos had settled down.  She turned to the side and saw her husband, sleeping in a sitting position near her feet.  She realised that he might have pressed her feet during the night and that's the reason she had a good sleep.  She removed his hands from her feet but despite her slow movement, he woke up startled.  She waited for him to calm down and then said, "Yuv- ".  She stopped herself and then said, "Maharaj, you can relax now.  No need to be startled".  He sighed and said, "Get ready Maharani.  I need to tell you something".   Kalindi frowned at his words but went on to get ready for the day.  Today will be their new beginning as the King and Queen of Rakshatra.

Kalindi came near Abhyuday who was lost in his thoughts and shook him out.  He looked at her and said, "You look beautiful, Maharani".  She smiled at him and said, "Thank you.  I forgot to tell you Maharaj, I had asked Rekha to send a letter to my father yesterday.  Informing them about the impromptu coronation and everything.  It might reach them today and I'm awaiting their reply.  Since the wedding I haven't seen them".  Kalindi caressed her baby bump sadly while remembering her mother, who could neither become her mother completely nor become her stepmother completely.  She can never be like her mother as she can't even stand the sight of some women near her husband.