Chapter 28 - Krishakya

Rekha nodded at her and said, "But today we saw that Head guard Bharat was dressing up his wounds with the help of someone from this palace.  And his wound was not something like an injury during practice.  It seemed like a deep wound as if a sharp object had been penetrated".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kalindi understood what she was trying to convey.  The person who got injured by Kalindi's knife had the wound on his left shoulder and even Bharat had the injury on his left shoulder.  Unfortunately Kalindi didn't see the actual wound but only the dressed up wound.  On the other hand, Yuvraj Abhyuday has immense trust on him which was quite evident by how frequently Bharat comes to meet him and how much Yuvraj relies on him for completing the tasks.  Thinking about all this, Kalindi said, "Rekha, Just keep an eye on him but don't take any other step without my instructions".  Rekha nodded at her and went away to carry on her works.  Kalindi was left in her own thoughts and then Abhyuday came in.  He saw her in deep thoughts, so he called her, "Yuvrani".  She looked at him and stood up.  He asked her, "What happened? Did Grandmother tell you something which upset you?".  She replied in negative and asked him, "So how many days will this meeting go?". 

Abhyuday replied, "It will be minimum one week to maximum of two weeks.  But I'm afraid that Grandmother and Uncle will force us to stay a few more days after that.  Even I want to stay some more days so that I could take you to the beautiful places here which I had visited during my childhood days".  Kalindi nodded at him and then Abhyuday said that he is going to look around the arrangements made for the confederation, along with Bharat.  Kalindi felt uneasy as soon as she heard Bharat's name.  He added, "You can go to the royal garden as well.  All other Yuvrani's of the invited Kingdoms will assemble and chat over there".  Kalindi said, "Ok.  I will join the other ladies.  You take care of yourself".  He chuckled and said, "I know every nook and corner of this Palace.  So don't worry about me".  Saying so, he left from there.  Kalindi sighed thinking about the duration of the confederation as it will take one more day for all the invitees to arrive here and from the day after tomorrow, the official confederation will begin.

The confederation is basically just a friendly meeting of all the Kingdoms, which happens every five years.  Here, mostly Yuvraj and Yuvrani of the Kingdoms will join and incase of no such people available then the ones designated by the King will arrive.  The hosting Kingdom will also be changed every time.  Here, the Princes will engage in some friendly combat and competitions to have fun and also grow some new friendships, so that the entire region can avoid enemity and wars.  While the participation in the competitions is voluntary and not a compulsion, each competition will have some kind of rewards for winners.  Right now, Abhyuday went with Vikrama to look at the horse stable.  He was looking at the horses present over there, when vikrama said, "Do you recognize this horse, Abhi?".  Abhyuday looked at the horse with a frown and then slowly a smile formed on his face.  He said, "This is the young one which was born on my birthday, almost 10 years back.  Isn't it?".  Vikrama felt happy seeing his cousin's happy and nostalgic face and replied in positive.  At the same time, Vikrama couldn't help but wish that their lives remained same as those times, without the tragedy. 

Kalindi went to the royal garden in the backyard where already many women were seated.  The servant girls who came with them, were standing on the sides.  Susheela spotted Kalindi and pulled her to the small group which was occupying one of the tables.  Susheela introduced her to the women present over there and soon they were engaged in their talks.  After sometime, Kalindi and susheela were walking through the corridor while on their way back to their portion of the palace which is away from the temporary guest rooms arranged on the back side.  Kalindi asked, "Didi(Sister), why were the women over there looked at me now and then? Do you have any idea?".  Susheela chuckled and said, "They were eager to see the Yuvrani of Rakshatra.  Or shall I say, the Yuvrani of Yuvraj Abhyuday, the most eligible bachelor whom they once wished for themselves or their sisters".  Kalindi didn't react much other than her usual tight lipped smile. 

Just then, they both looked at the opposite direction where Abhyuday and Vikrama were coming towards them.  But they were not alone.  There was one more person who was walking beside Abhyuday.  Susheela's smile dimmed but there was no change in Kalindi's expression.   From the distance, it seems like the new person was talking nonstop, while Vikrama awkwardly responds sometimes, Abhyuday didn't say anything at all.  It was an obvious indication that he is not interested in listening the talks.  When they came to the junction of the corridor, all five of them stood face to face.  Susheela was throwing daggers through her eyes towards her husband, and vikrama was pleading through his eyes.  Then Susheela introduced the new person to Kalindi, "This is our prime minister's daughter, Surpanakha".  Everyone looked at her and Susheela realised her mistake and said, "I mean Swarnalekha".  The said girl smiled at Kalindi and susheela continued to say, "Swarnalekha, this is Yuvrani Kalindi, Yuvraj Abhyuday's wife".  Swarnalekha was surprised for a moment before putting on her fake smile towards Kalindi.  Then Swarnalekha said, "It's good to meet you, Yuvrani Kalindi.  We will surely meet often.  Now I will take my leave as it's almost dinner time".  Saying so she left from there and then Susheela energetically said, "Kalindi, I invite you and Yuvraj to come and see my son.  Afterall, you both are his Uncle and Aunt, so you must meet him".

Kalindi smiled a little and nodded at her.  Everyone went to the nearby nursery room which was specifically made for the baby.  Susheela gave her son in Kalindi's hands, who swayed him gently and conveniently.  Seeing Kalindi getting along with the child naturally, Abhyuday as well as the others were surprised.  Susheela commented, "Seems like Kalindi loves children?".  She nodded at her question, which was then followed by another statement from susheela, "Then Yuvraj should fulfill this wish of his Yuvrani.  Am I right Yuvraj?".  Vikrama hushed his wife to keep quiet so as to not embarass them more.  After sometime, they retired to their chambers.  Once inside, Abhyuday pulled Kalindi in his embrace and both of them were silent for sometime. Abhyuday was overwhelmed with all the past memories in this place and Kalindi was finally relieved from the nervousness that she had been hiding the whole day due to meeting different people.  Both of them knew that they needed this hug at the end of the day.  "Are you comfortable here?", Abhyuday asked his wife.  To which Kalindi replied, "Yes.  From Grandmother to the new born baby, now every one seems to be welcoming in the family".  Abhyuday chuckled inaudibly and said, "My grandmother might seem intimidating but internally she is a very soft person.  After all, my mother got those qualities from her".

Abhyuday realised that he had talked about his mother without any hesitation or bad memories clouding his mind and went quiet for a moment.  Kalindi also didn't question him further but felt happy that he is opening up to her.  She turned around in his embrace and looked at him.  She didn't ask anything but he said, "I know you want to know more about me.  I will definitely tell you everything about me, including those which other people don't know".  Kalindi simply smiled and didn't say anything.  Then he changed the topic and asked, "You seemed to be very fond of children.  Is it?".  She replied in a yes and her eyes shone brightly.  "Since that is the case, shouldn't I put more effort to fulfill your wish?", Abhyuday said in a teasing tone which further lead to their intense sexual activity in bed while the dinner remained forgotten.  After sometime when both of their naked bodies were entangled under the sheets while the bed was shielded by a white curtain, Kalindi asked him, "Yuvraj!  Have you ever desired for a child?  Which one do you like more, a prince or a princess?".   Abhyuday replied, "If I have to be honest then I would say, neither".  Kalindi looked up from his chest and when she saw the serious expression on his face, she knew that he spoke the truth.  She sat up with the bedsheet tightly clutched at her chest and asked desperately, "But why?".

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.