Chapter 50 - The Secret

Maharaj called Abhyuday to the King's chamber and both were in the study room.  Maharaj said, "As you are crowned as the King, I have to transfer another big responsibility which had been carefully fulfilled all these years, by our ancestors.  Well, except one.  This cannot be done infront of everyone, that's why we are here".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Maharaj brought a small wooden box and gave it to Yuvraj, who opened the box to find it empty.  Ignoring his confused expression, Maharaj closed the lid and kept his hand on top of it, while Abhyuday's hand was under the box.  Maharaj said, "I, the ruling King of Rakshatra, from the lineage of Rakshat Dynasty, wholeheartedly hand over the throne to my first born son, Abhyuday.  I hereby declare that he will be the King of Rakshatra and carry forward the age-old responsibility of this Rakshat Dynasty".

Once he had finished his declaration, Abhyuday felt like some weight had added to the box.  Maharaj removed his hand and then Abhyuday opened the box, to find a golden Key.  He took it out and asked, "What is this key for?".   Maharaj replied, "This is a key to a door hidden from everyone else.  Infact, that door is in this room only".  Abhyuday looked around but couldn't find any new door which he hadn't seen for years.  Maharaj continued, "It won't be visible until you drop some blood on the Key".  Abhyuday followed his command and dropped few drops of blood on the key, which then glowed red.

Soon a tall and wide door with extensive and intricate designs appeared in the wall, which was as plain till then.  Abhyuday was surprised but not shocked because when he was in Gurukul, he got the opportunity to learn lessons from his Guru(Teacher) regarding the otherworldly beings.  Afterall his Guru was renowned because he had different skills which normal people didn't have. 

Once the door was fully visible, Maharaj said, "This door and the world behind this, is the one we are protecting since ages.  The name of our Dynasty, 'Rakshat' denotes our responsibility.  The other side of the door is totally a different realm than ours.  There, even common people have some kind of powers.  I don't know much because I haven't gone there.  Infact most of our ancestors haven't travelled there.  There is a story which my father told me, that has been passed on from different generations.  That is, it takes most of our physical strength to get in there and also to comeback here.  One of my ancestors did that just to see the other world.  And then he had to literally be bedridden for a few months to regain his physical strength".

Abhyuday took the information in and then asked, "What is with your father being banished?".  Maharaj gave a sad smile and said, "As I said before, we cannot travel back and forth easily without repercussions.  But the people on the other side can travel back and forth with ease.  But the important thing is that this is the only point of entry and exit which connects this palace and the palace of their King.  When you were nearly five, I had to go to the help of my friend, leaving your mother and you at the care of my father.  Since he was the former king, he was given your current chamber as it was not being used".

Flashback

Chandria was running behind Abhyuday, who refused to finish his meals.  And they reached his Father's study chamber, when Chandria finally caught him.  Her personal maids from her maternal Kingdom, followed behind them but Chandria made them leave as she got him on her lap.  She said, "Finally my Rajkumar is ready to eat his meals.  Aren't you?".  Little Abhyuday pouted and hid his face on her chest to avoid the food. 

Chandria sighed and asked while keeping the food aside, "What happened, Abhi?".  To which the small boy said, "Why don't I have a brother or sister? I want to have one".  Chandria laughed and said, "It's not easy to get you a sister or brother.  But once a small baby comes, then you will have to share me and your father with the baby as well.  I won't be able to feed you everyday.  Sometimes you might need to sleep alone.  Will you be able to do that?".  Abhyuday looked away for sometime and then said, "Yes, I'm ready.  Afterall the baby will be my sister or brother right.  So I will adjust myself".  Chandria hugged him tightly and said, "You may be ready to share but I'm not ready to leave you all by yourself".