Chapter 27 - Relations

Then she said, "No Yuvraj, I'm not angry.  I was just upset and you didn't even explain anything then how could I understand you?".  He calmly told, "I'm sorry that I didn't explain my reasons but I don't want you to carry my baggage as well".

-----------------------------------------------------------

She turned around in his arms and said while looking into his eyes, "We are equals in this relationship.  Then we should share these baggages also equally.  There is nothing wrong in sharing your problems with your life partner.  I won't force you for the same but the reason for not sharing with me should not be the one which you said just now.  May be you are not comfortable to share it now, that's ok".  Abhyuday nodded at her and kissed her lips.  They broke apart after sometime and Kalindi said, "I have completed my bath, so I will take my leave.  You continue".  Abhyuday told her, "You go and get ready for the journey to Krishakya.  I just checked with Vaidh ji and Maharaj is fine". She nodded and came out of the pool.

He kept looking at her drenched form while she tried to dry herself and change into fresh clothes.  Feeling his stare at her bare back, she said without turning towards him, "Yuvraj, I need some privacy to change my clothes.  Could you please leave?".  To which he replied, "I'm taking my bath, so I cannot leave now.  You can change while facing me as well".  She could literally feel him smirking at the end.  Disregarding him, she proceeded to change her clothes while facing her back to him.  Even though she was there infront of him, she changed her clothes in such a way that there is not much visible for him.  Once done, she went out while he took his bath.  After that, he went to complete his prayer.  After both of them were done, they went to see Maharaj together, so as to give him final greetings before their departure. 

While greeting Maharaj, Kalindi asked him about his health and he assured her about being fine.  Then the couple went out while Maharaj was looking at Abhyuday's retreating back longingly.  He wished his son was nearby him during this oldage but there is no one but himself to blame for the current situation.  Once outside the palace, Abhyuday asked her to take the carriage and he would take the horse as the journey would take 3 days which will not be comfortable if they take their Royal elephant, Mehdooth.  Just then Bharat came near them and said, "Yuvraj!  Everything is prepared.  The Soldiers who would accompany you and Yuvrani, are our trusted people.  And the arrangements for the night stops during the journey is also done".  Abhyuday nodded at him and then Bharat went back to his position which is infront of the entourage, on his horse.  Abhyuday was to ride his horse side by side with Kalindi's carriage.  They took two breaks in the middle and finally halted at their night stop which was arranged with tents near the river.  Dinner was prepared by the servants while Kalindi freshed up with the river water.  When she moved towards the tent, from the river, she happened to see Bharat discussing something with Yuvraj near their tent's entrance.  She was about to cross them when she noticed a red spot near Bharat's shoulder.

She voiced out her question, "What happened to your shoulder Bharath? Is that an injury?".  Both Yuvraj and Bharath looked at her and then Bharath answered, "Yes Yuvrani, I got injured while doing some practice.  I got the medicine from Vaidh ji (doctor) and it is already more than a week.  Still it has not completely cured and bleeds now and then".  Kalindi nodded at him and asked him to take care before getting inside their tent.  During dinner, Kalindi was amused because a Yuvraj having food together with the soldiers is a total surprise and shock for her.  Then she too joined with them along with her maids and finally dinner was completed with all of them eating together.  Later Kalindi went to sleep in her tent and waited for her husband to come.  But he was taking some rounds around the place to check for any suspicious activity.  Once he came back to the tent, he saw that Kalindi was sleeping on their bed which was spread over the floor.  Then he too silently slept behind her while taking her in his arms.

Next morning they continued their travel and finally after 3 days, they had entered Krishakya Kingdom.  They were welcomed by huge crowd of people throughout the way and when they reached the Palace, the Royal family of Krishakya was there to welcome the couple at the entrance itself.  Abhyuday's Maternal uncle and King of Krishakya, Maharaj Krishnadeva along with his son, Vikrama and Vikrama's wife, Susheela were present there.  Susheela came forward to take aarti of the couple once they came to the entrance and gave a warm welcome to them.  Abhyuday and Kalindi took blessings from his uncle Krishnadeva and then met with Vikrama and susheela exchanging some pleasantries.  Vikrama and Susheela guided the couple to their room by themselves while chatting with each other.  Vikrama and Abhyuday are meeting after many years since their training in Gurukul.  Abhyuday and Kalindi got freshened up in their allotted chamber and food was served in their chamber.  Later, Abhyuday took Kalindi with him to meet his grandmother who couldn't welcome them early, due to her old age.

Once they reached her chamber, he was informed by the maid that they can go inside as their grandmother was expecting them.  Inside the chamber, an old lady in her late 70s was sitting on a couch with the holy book Bhagavat Gita laying open infront of her on a small table.  Abhyuday called out, "Grandmother!".  She looked up at him on hearing the voice which made Kalindi think that although she is old, her body is strong.  On a closer look, the old lady did seem like an older version of Maharani Chandria.  The couple touched her feet and took her blessings.  The grandmother pulled Abhyuday and Kalindi to sit beside her on either sides.  She looked at her grandson deeply that Kalindi thought that she forgot to blink.  Grandmother said, "My boy has grown into a man.  But still you look so cute".  Kalindi's eyes widened at her words while Abhyuday groaned while saying, "Grandmother, stop calling me that.  Atleast stop embarassing me infront of my wife". 

Kalindi almost had a heart attack on seeing the always stern and emotionless Prince behaving childishly.  Grandmother chuckled at his words and then said with a sigh, "Abhi, let bygones be bygones.  Don't immerse yourself in the fire of hatred".  Abhyuday looked at her for a few seconds and then stood up.  After that he continued, "Don't worry about me, Grandmother.  Take rest and take care of yourself".  Saying so he looked at Kalindi and then turned to move out.  Just as Kalindi tried to follow him out, Grandmother stopped her by holding her hand and said, "I haven't talked with you yet. So spend sometime with this old lady now".  Kalindi stayed back with Grandmother and asked about her health and well being.  Then Grandmother kept looking at her face and commented, "You face does show the glow of a newly wed bride.  So I assume both of you are happy".  Kalindi didn't react to her words other than a formal smile and said, "We are good, Grandmother.  It's all the blessings of the God".  Grandmother nodded at her words and asked her to read Bhagavad Gita for her.  Kalindi started reading it while the grandmother kept assessing her.  After a few minutes, grandmother asked her to stop and then Kalindi properly kept the holy book at the feet of the mini Krishna idol in the room, which was set up for the old lady's convenience.  Grandmother had a small smile on her face but didn't express it openly and then said, "Yuvrani, You can leave now.  I hope you can spend some time with me everyday till you stay here".  Kalindi nodded and went away.

As soon as Kalindi reached her shared chamber with Yuvraj, Rekha came up to her hurriedly and said, "Yuvrani, it's an urgent matter".  Kalindi absentmindedly asked, "What?".  To which Rekha replied, "Since you had asked us to keep an eye on the Palace servants and guards especially the ones around Yuvraj, we were keenly watching them.  But no one seemed suspicious".  Kalindi confusedly said, "So what? Keep watching, I'm sure it is one of those in the palace".  Rekha nodded at her and said, "But today I saw that Head guard Bharat was dressing up his wounds with the help of someone from this palace.  And his wound was not something like an injury during practice.  It seemed like a deep wound as if a sharp object had been penetrated".

Glossary:
Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.