Chapter 47 - Show Down

Oormila moved forward and came near the stairs that reach the throne and said while looking at the King, "I don't need your approval to make my son as the King nor do I wait for anyone to move away from my path.  Look at this Royal court Maharaj!  Except your commander, everyone is on my side.  They have already approved to make my son as their next king.  And no one will open their mouth if the King and Yuvraj are dead, along with their commander, right here".

-----------------------------------------------------------

Maharaj was unable to move as he looked around his court which he had thought to be loyal, if not to him, atleast to the Kingdom.  But all his assumptions were proved wrong infront of his own eyes, as the ministers stood silent even after hearing her words.  Oormila looked around at the ministers and said, "What are you all waiting for?  Kill these three and frame it like we had already discussed".  Even after a few seconds, none of the ministers moved from their position as if they are glued to the place.

Oormila looked at both sides to have a look at those ministers with whom she had painstakingly created an alliance when Yuvraj went out of Rakshatra to his maternal kingdom Krishakya.  She was astonished to see everyone still without any action on her command.  Suddenly one by one all the ministers moved out of the court and Kaushal screamed at them like a mad man, asking them to come back.  Once they were out, Abhyuday clapped his hands twice, to bring the attention of all the four people present there, including the commander. 

Yuvraj said, "I know it's shocking for you two.  But reality should be accepted.  This is my Kingdom and I have eyes and ears everywhere.  Only in the case of slow poison, I had missed".  He came near Oormila who was spitting fire through her eyes and then said, "Oormila, When I came back from Krishakya, I got to know about your meeting with these traitors right away.  And when you challenged me after the arrest of your maid, I put my plan into action.  I used the same bait as you.  Their sons".  He chuckled and said, "You promised them with hereditary positions for their sons.  While I threatened their sons' lives itself.  So if they are alive then only atleast they can compete for the ministerial posts right.  They chose their sides wisely". 

Hearing his words, Oormila was astounded as her final plan was utterly disastrous.  Meanwhile Kaushal attempted an attack towards Yuvraj but was trapped by the commander who locked both of his hands on the back.  Yuvraj ordered, "Take him away to the prison.  I have some things to clear with his mother".  Kaushal was taken away and locked in the prison at the basement.  And then the commander was going towards the court when he got an information from a Soldier and went with him. 

In the court room, Abhyuday said, "Oormila, you have been in confusion for years.  Am I right?  As in, why I haven't confronted you?  Why I haven't told Maharaj about it?".  Oormila gulped in fear and looked at him, waiting for his answer.  Yuvraj chuckled and said, "You bribing the midwife before delivery, is not the only thing that I had witnessed that day.  I had seen you talking to your master whose face was covered completely".  Then he whispered, "And I heard everything that you discussed ".  Oormila turned pale at his answer.  She knew that she could atleast plead for lesser punishment infront of Yuvraj or Maharaj but nothing less than death from HIM, if she had exposed him". 

Just then the commander came back and said with urgency in his voice, "Yuvraj, we are being ambushed.  The palace is surrounded by armed soldiers, while some of them had infiltrated into the Palace.  Seems like this woman is not as dumb as I had thought.  She and her son had prepared for a coup".  Yuvraj ordered, "Have the Palace guards take the women in the Palace to the safe place including the maids. Kill anyone who obstructs their way.  Wait for my further orders".

-----------------------------------------------------------

While all this was going on, Kalindi was restless in her chamber as she felt that something bad was going to happen.  She wanted to join the court but Yuvraj stopped her as he told that it would be messy confrontation today and may be their enemy will make their final move today.  It will give him a chance to finish them once and for all.  Just then a guard came with a scroll in hand and informed Kalindi and her maids that Yuvraj had given this scroll to him  and ordered him to deliver this to Yuvrani.

Gopi got the scroll and gave it to Kalindi, who read the scroll.  After she closed the scroll, Rekha asked her about the content of it.  Kalindi gave it to Rekha and sat silently.  Rekha started to read the scroll loud enough for everyone to hear.  The letter stated, "Dear Kalindi,  The situation has gone out of control unexpectedly.  I cannot be sure whether I will be able to come out of it alive or not.  But You and our child, the future heir of Rakshatra should survive at any cost.  So you take the secret tunnel to leave the Kingdom and go to your maternal Kingdom.  Yours Yuvraj".  Rekha finished and Gopi took the scroll to examine it and sighed, "It seems authentic, Yuvrani.  The seal is undoubtedly Yuvraj's and even the handwriting and style is same as his".

Kalindi nodded at her and told the guard, "Wait outside the chamber, we will pack the necessities and then we shall leave".  The guard obliged her order and went out. 

-----------------------------------------------------------

In the courtroom, Oormila was choking as she tried to take off the hand around her neck.  Abhyuday stood there and looked at the scene happening infront of him and chuckled inaudibly.  The commander tried to pull Maharaj away and finally succeeded in releasing Oormila from his grip.  Maharaj shouted while pointing towards Oormila, "You disgusting creature!  How dare you to attempt a military coup? Don't you have a bit of loyalty towards your own Kingdom and People?". 

Oormila stood silent at his words and then Yuvraj said with a ridicule, "Well, it's neither her Kingdom nor its her people.  Am I right Oormila?".  Oormila fidgeted her hands and suddenly, the door was burst open.  It was King of Khamboj and Yuvraj Rudrasena.  Rudrasena, who was present in his warrior attire, asked the people present there, "What is happening Yuvraj?  Suddenly, the palace is ambushed and women are taken to a safer place?  Who is doing this treason?". 

Abhyuday answered calmly, "Just because the soldiers are wearing the army uniform of Rakshatra, doesn't mean that it is a military coup or organized rebellion.  They are the soldiers of an enemy Kingdom, who had infiltrated the capital".  Rudrasena asked right away, "Who is that, Yuvraj?".  Abhyuday replied, "Well, he is right behind you.  Am I right King of Khamboj?".

King Dhruvasena looked at him with a confused frown and Yuvraj Rudrasena got angry at the accusation and said, "Yuvraj Abhyuday, Don't blame anything on us without any evidence.  And my uncle had come here to make an alliance with this Kingdom, not to capture this.  Even if he wishes to capture, we have a very capable army to fight for it face-to-face, rather than such an ambush".  Abhyuday chuckled at his words and said, "If he only wished for the Kingdom or wealth, then he would have fought for it.  But that was not his aim.  He desired for something which is possessed by my bloodline exclusively.  Wasn't it the reason for sending this puppet here, Maharaj Dhruvasena?".  Abhyuday shouted at last while pointing towards Oormila.  Maharaj Virendra became pale on hearing the words.

Yuvraj Rudrasena shouted, "What nonsense you are talking Yuvraj?".  Abhyuday looked at him sharply and replied curtly, "I'm talking the truth Rudrasena.  These soldiers who are surrounding the Palace, are those who entered the Kingdom, using the permission given by Maharaj for your King's comfort.  You do remember asking for your country food right ".   Rudrasena was speechless as he doesn't know how to refute the claim.  Even Maharaj and the commander were speechless as they had thought it to be a rebellion planned by Oormila and Kaushal.  Little did they know that these two people were not worth it.

Dhruvasena looked at Oormila for a moment and let out a long sigh. And then he said, "Yes, I sent her here for the purpose of giving a heir to the King and ultimately make him the next King.  She was loyal for all these years but suddenly greed started enveloping her and she started to make her own moves.  For her own son".  He looked at Oormila and said, "Isn't it true Oormila?  It was always my plan to make an assassination attempt on Abhyuday.  Every single attempt was planned by me.  But suddenly, Maharaj got poisoned?  Wasn't it your desperate attempt to double cross me?". 

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Vaidh ji - Doctor
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.