Chapter 38 - Doubts

He replied, "No, I'm the owner". With that said, he turned around with the horse and also directed her horse to move as well, since Kalindi was still digesting the new information.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As soon as they came back to the Palace, Kalindi changed her dress and laid down on the bed. Abhyuday sat beside her on the bed, waiting for her to ask anything but she kept silence. Slowly he asked, "Why are you simply staring at the ceiling?". She sat up on the bed and tuned towards him and said, "I was just thinking about the reason behind your activities. Wouldn't someone think that you are rebelling against Maharaj, if they come to know about your hidden activities?". He could understand her fear and took a deep breath before saying, "I want you to know that I am not doing anything unethical. And the actual reason behind this is .....".
.
.
.
.
.
.

After hearing his reason for the hidden activities, Kalindi sat frozen on her place and then came out of her trance after seeing tears flowing out of his eyes. She hugged him immediately and cried herself while soothing him by rubbing his back. After sometime, Abhyuday came out of the hug and stood up from the bed. Wiping his tears, he proclaimed, "The time is coming near. Maharaj will announce for my crowning ceremony very soon. As per the tradition, I'm eligible to be crowned as the King as soon as I'm 21 years of age and married. So it is expected that he will announce it soon. And it will trigger that person to the point of madness and they will make mistakes, which I want them to".

Although the situation was very frightening for Kalindi, who had never thought anything more than inner palace conspiracies, she trusted him to handle the situation when it arises. Then Abhyuday went out of the chamber to check upon the latest events happening around him. While Kalindi was still thinking about his past which he shared with her and not shared with anyone else till now, not even Parth. Unknowingly her tears were just pouring down when she reminiscenced his past and that he was merely a twelve year old at that time. Lekha who was nearby her, got panicked and said, "Yuvrani, why are you crying?". Kalindi didn't answer and simply gestured them to leave her alone.

Abhyuday came back for dinner and both of them finished their dinner before going for bed. He hugged her from back as usual and kept rubbing her star mole on her waist. She felt him kissing her back near the blouse knot as his hands moved from her waist to her breast. After sometime when both of them were satisfied and tired, Abhyuday asked, "Should I stay away from you for next one week?". Kalindi frowned at his question and asked, "Why are you asking like that?". Suddenly she hissed as he pinched her nipple which had been very sensitive and sore lately. She slapped his hand away with an annoyed look and he simply moved his hand down to here waist where his favorite mole was present.

Abhyuday lazily replied, "Don't you remember? Last month, you restricted me from entering your room for atleast a week because you were menstruating". He said it so casually as if it is his daily routine to talk about these matters, which made Kalindi flustered as she had never seen such men who discuss this casually. Seeing him with no embarassment, she too replied as casually as possible after thinking about the date, "I think, it should have been the previous week but I forgot about it. And it seems like it will be late as I didn't get my periods yet. As soon as I get it, I will move to my previous chamber". Abhyuday nodded although he was not happy about the seperation.

Then both of them went to sleep with Abhyuday hugging Kalindi. In the morning, Kalindi was woken up from her slumber. She unwillingly opened her eyes, only to come face to face with her husband, who had already taken a bath and looked fresh. She sat up on the bed and asked him, "is it already 6?". Saying so, she turned towards the window and suddenly filled with fury, she asked, "Why did you wake me up this early? It's still dark outside and the sun hasn't even hit the horizon. I badly need some rest as I have too many works coming back here". Before she could go on with the list of works to be completed, he picked her up and moved towards the bathroom, which made her gape at him.

As soon as they entered the bathing chamber, Kalindi let out a shriek as he gently put her inside the pool while he knelt down on the platform. Slowly Kalindi realised that the water was not cool but rather warm. She calmed down and glared at him, to which he replied, "Did you forget that we have to practice sword fighting everyday, Yuvrani?". Kalindi sighed as she had almost forgot about that and then nodded at him. Abhyuday went out of the bathing chamber as Kalindi kept looking at his direction with an yearning. She pouted as he left the chamber without joining her in the pool. Quickly she finished her bath and came out after changing her clothes comfortable for practice.

Abhyuday had finished his prayers and came inside the room as well. This time he took her to the secret path near the compound wall of the palace near the forest and went through it. Soon they reached the practice arena where already a set of people were practicing and Parth was overlooking them along with Bharath, as he was still injured and couldn't practice. Everyone greeted the couple and Yuvraj personally took her to one side where no one else was practicing. She asked, "Is it like different shifts Yuvraj? The people present here were not present yesterday ". Yuvraj nodded at her and said, "They can come her whichever duration they find it possible ".

Yuvraj brought her sword which was kept here itself and then started on with their first lesson which is already an intermediate level. After practicing for an hour, he took her back to the palace as it was about time for the servants to start their work. So they need to enter their chambers before anyone could spot them. Once they reached their chamber, Kalindi asked, "Why do we need to hide my practice, Yuvraj? You had told me that there had been women in this kingdom who were well versed in horse riding and also people here don't find it as a taboo for women to learn warfare. Unlike my father's kingdom. So why are we hiding this?". Abhyuday held her hand and said, "The problem is not you being a woman or you practicing sword. It's the eyes of certain people that I want to hide you from. If they get to know your capabilities then they will resort to even more cruel ways to harm you. And that's the reason why I want to hide your abilities for now".

Kalindi accepted his explanation in understanding. Then Abhyuday had his breakfast with his wife and left for the court. Kalindi too went to attend court today. As usual there were various cases today, one among which was controlling floods in the villages nearby Rivers. The King had asked for sustainable solutions from all the people available in the court by tomorrow and the court was adjourned. Back in her chamber, Kalindi thought about the matter at court and thought about some solution. She waited till evening for Yuvraj to come back and then discussed the solution with him. Abhyuday was surprised at her solution and approved of her idea to be a sustainable one. So Kalindi thought deeply and said softly, "I will meet Maharaj before dinner and discuss this once".

Abhyuday looked at her for a second and then nodded at her. Ever since he shared the events after his mother's death and the reason for the crumbled relationship with his father, Kalindi couldn't simply come to a conclusion about the personality of Maharaj. Even Abhyuday asked her to not judge the King through his viewpoint as it won't bring anything good for her, but still she couldn't come out of the perception she got. Kalindi went to Maharaj's chamber and after getting permission, she entered the chamber only to see Oormila also sitting beside Maharaj, serving him food and drinks. It was different news since she had never heard of such things ever since she came here. Maharaj welcomed her and asked her to be seated.

Kalindi asked him about his health and he replied in positive about the improvement and then the talk moved on to the reason why Kalindi came here at this time. She told him about her ideas regarding the issue discussed in court and he too appreciated her for such a wonderful suggestion and said that they will putforth the idea tomorrow and immediately start the implementation. All this while, Oormila was silent and neither of them greeted each other.

Glossary:

Maharaj - King
Maharani - Queen
Yuvraj - Crown Prince
Yuvrani - Crown Princess
Rajkumar - Prince
Bhai - Brother
Bhabhi - sister-in-law
Vaidh ji - Doctor
Chacha - Father's younger brother
Shastrasala - Godown of weapons with practice arena
Gurudev - Teacher

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

So Abhyuday has opened up about his past which is not known to anyone else till now.  The readers will get to know that when the time comes, 😉

Do vote and comment if you like the chapter.

Thanks,
SM.