✴️ CHAPTER 43 ✴️

Magsimula sa umpisa

Tae: "What if I die?"

Jk: "You won't die!"

Tae: "What if?"

Jk: "I don't want to imagine. Please don't do this to me. Sleep." The older shuts his mouth, understanding the turmoil he just created in the younger's heart with his careless words. The tone the younger used contains barely tamed traces of semi-lucid fear, hard as diamond, similarly, so clear that it seems to be wanton. But, coated in a molded shape, denying the breakage.

Jk: "I will die if you die." The response finally comes. His eyelids fall heavily, covering his sight, his senses trudging into a deep slumber. His consciousness fades with a feel of soft lips on his head.

.
.

The final test of the love that they have rebuilt, polished, and tied from scratch. The final test of the knot of the threads of the broken hearts. The final test of whether they were strong enough.

Tae: "I love you Kookie." Tae whispers into Jk's ears, his frame lying on the hospital bed, the two alphas waiting for the doctor to arrive.

Jk: "I love you too my dear. I love you. And, I will continue loving you, till my last breath."

Tae's eyes go glossy, his dark orbs appearing as a replica of rare black pearls. His lips get pressed into a thin line.

Tae: "I'm sorry. For everything." Jungkook feels a strong tug in his heart, it wrenches with pain, his stomach churns with disgust at these words.

Jk: "I shall be the one saying those words. Keep quiet. I have a lot to make up to. Come back real quick so that we can be even. Okay?"

Tae smiles through his unshed tears, his head nodding slightly as an affirmation.

Tae:  "Okay."

.
.
.

Kook is sent outside the room. The doctor needs privacy during the checkup, his anxiousness increases every passing second. Jackson Pat's his shoulder lightly, his forehead having lines of worry, yet comforting the younger in the situation of extreme unrest of mind, a storm of heart, and test of patience.

Neyeon takes the other side, slowly hugging her older brother for providing support.

Neyeon: "He will be okay, Hyung. Don't worry." Her words come out mechanically. The listener never gave an ear to her words, her mind searching for some source of comfort. Can she stay calm? She can never. Even after being a doctor, the heart of a family member beats with fear, anxiety in it. Tae is a part of her family, just the way Jungkook is.

Jungkook looks dazed, his eyes are unfocused, blurry, hazy. His brain goes back and forth all the memories reliving them with guilt. The memories of him mentally torturing the older, the image of Tae slowly succumbing to unconsciousness.

.
.
.
.

How he wishes he could go back to the past. He would just make everything proper, turn every bad thing into good, and every bad memory would be erased away. But, it's impossible.

.
.

Everything is dull, lifeless, and blurry if Tae isn't here. And will continue to be so until he is reunited with his love of life. His blind mind traverses around the colorful memories. Tae smiling, enjoying his life, Jiyi, Jackson, neyeon every important person in his life, laughing, happy.

He wishes everything to be the same again. He wishes from the core of his heart.

The hospital room opens with a clink. The doctor strides out of the room, his hands taking the mask off gracefully.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Jungkook raises to his feet from the sitting position, his body involuntarily reaching the doctor, his eyes expectant, eager to hear the results. Like death, the outcome is a must to come, but whenever it comes it gives episodes of fear and agony.

Jackson and neyeon join his expectant trance, their figures caging the medical personnel in a loop of anticipation. Every heart, every mind, every being questioning the end.

A life of roses and lilacs? Or an end with a chrysanthemum?

What will be the end of this love story?

Suspense...... 🌚

Grab some tissues.....

Author N-Tk 𐤀