29th Chapter.

3rd person POV:

Jungkook was not okay.

He was trying to mask it with very obvious fake enthusiasm and was failing miserably. Taehyung was seated on a chair in the kitchen while the elder was trying to bake something random once again as he hummed random songs in his currently hoarse voice.

Yesterday, when the man had thrown up.. taehyung had dragged him to take a shower and taken one along with him since he too, desperately needed one after travelling back and forth between daegu and Seoul.

Both being exhausted and jungkook having a huge hangover, taehyung had ordered some light food for jungkook to eat and some hangover soup and had ordered a whole lot of food for himself since he was starving.

After eating they had done nothing, no words had been exchanged between them.. both of them were tired and sleepy so before anyone could realise, they had slept for more than 14 hours as they dozed off at around 8 pm and woke up the next day in the afternoon.

But the moment jungkook had woken up, he had taken a painkiller for the headache and became overly cheerful which was nothing like his normal self.. he was being too chirpy, too loud, too excited, too talkative.. he was smiling too much, laughing too much.. and if it was any other day he would have loved it, taehyung would've been really happy but today just wasn't the day.

It was making him nothing more than concerned, extremely worried.. because he could see how fake everything was, how jungkook was forcing himself to act happy like nothing was bothering him.

He remembered it all, he knew that jungkook was not okay and he was putting on this facade to pretend to be happy.. he knew that the man had not cried in past 2 days even after everything went down with lilac.

The whole night, the whole day, taehyung was waiting for him to cry.. to mourn, to grieve but nothing.. there was absolutely nothing sorts of that and it was making taehyung's heart hurt.

"You will become a fan of my lasagna after eating it, I'm amazing at it." Jungkook clapped his hands excitedly before he took out the food he had prepared with a bright smile on his face.

"I'm sure you are." Taehyung said with a slight smile even though it pained him to do so, he was not happy at the moment, he was close to the feline as well and he was missing her presence but jungkook.. he was pretending like there wasn't a huge empty space in their home at the moment.. like he didn't lose his only family.

"I also prepared cinnamon rolls, you're going to love them.. you just have to trust me." The man said the last line in a sing-a-song tone as he did a little dance before taking out the dessert he had just mentioned.

"Mmh i trust your cooking and baking skills." But I don't trust you when it comes to yourself. You're suffering, why won't you let yourself feel. Taehyung wanted to say but he didn't, he didn't want to overwhelm the elder.

"You should, if i wasn't a teacher i would've had a huge restaurant cafe right beside the Seoul University." Jungkook said cheekily before he served the food for the two of them on the table and urged taehyung to taste it who's eyes widened at the burst of flavours in his mouth when he ate it.

"Why beside Seoul University?" Taehyung couldn't stop eating the unbelievably delicious food as jungkook looked at him with wide yet blank eyes, waiting for his reaction on the food and he looked satisfied when taehyung hummed eating it and pretended like he had a heartattack because of how tasty it was.

"When i was there, there used to be a huge cafe there.. their food was so good and the owner became my acquaintance once I started visiting regularly during breaks.. I'd try new things and I'd sometimes ask for their recipes and they'd happily give them to me. Sometimes they'd even give me the leftovers to bring back home. It was an old couple.