26th Chapter.

3rd person POV:

FLASHBACKS: (we are going back to the present.)

Jungkook's heart hurts, so much that he feels like he can barely breathe as he sits tensed up in his chair while the students did their stuff in their seats since it was a free period for which jungkook was a substitute teacher for.

It had been around 10 days since he had fully admitted to himself that he has feelings for taehyung and he had been planning to talk to him about it, he had been talking to his therapist more often and conversing about his feelings more openly to someone who wasn't lilac.. hoseok who had been a great friend to him these past days.

Things were getting really good with Namjoon to the extent that Namjoon just started joking around with him in the same way he usually does where he goes 'let's go on a date, shall we?' But as a joke, he had told him that he has someone in his mind whose thoughts might help him move on soon and he will talk to him about it as well but he needs some time for that.

It was going good for jungkook and he was finally making some progress but, there was this thing that was constantly bugging him, something that he couldn't get out of his head and that was also why he still was unable to talk to taehyung about his feelings.

It was the fact that taehyung had been distancing himself from him. Or maybe jungkook is looking too much into everything but he can not help it. He is insecure when it comes to such things and he had been feeling like he can see him slipping out of his hands right infront of his eyes.

It was not that taehyung was completely avoiding him, not at all.. he had been still exceptionally caring towards him like always, he was still the same loving boy who made sure he was not feeling overwhelmed with his own emotions, the same boy who made sure he didn't mistakenly crossed any boundary.. everything was the same but there was this..

Physical distance that had been building up between them and it was created by taehyung who tried to be subtle about it but it was painfully obvious to jungkook and it was making the ache in his heart increase more and more day by day.. especially when he could clearly see that someone was making advances towards the student in school everyday.

The fear of being replaced was making a house in his chest with each passing second and he could do nothing about it.

It started the day after he had talked with hoseok, taehyung had as usual showed up to his apartment for the classes and after everything that had happened between them the other day when jungkook finally let him in, he had kind of expected him to maybe kiss him the moment he gets there with a smile and though he was a bit disappointed when the boy just smiled at him before he turned his entire attention to the feline.. he didn't let it show and just decided to think that maybe he was moving too fast so he didn't think much of it later.

But then it was a kind of their everyday thing where if they don't have sex, they atleast have a mini makeout session if not much after they're done studying but taehyung initiated none of that so jungkook decided to initiate it first and though taehyung did kiss him back but he could feel the energy was a bit different than usual and taehyung even stopped him pretty quickly and had said that he needed to leave early that day because of something at home.. and though jungkook was a bit disappointed he didn't let it show and let him go, he believed him.

But then.. similar pattern followed each day taehyung was over, he wouldn't kiss him much like he usually did at most random times, he wouldn't let anything lead to anything sexual between them, he would cut it short if jungkook initiated any type of kissing and would try to play it off as smoothly as he can. And though jungkook did believe him at the moment he couldn't help but rethink it all later.