Chapter 20 | Ragnarok

"That was real dangerous back there, y'know!? Things could've ended so bad!" A stressed and exasperated Liliana commented while unable to stay still. "That was Thomas Andre! You think you would've won!?"

Rimuru turned back, while still chomping his apple. "I'd win." Says him with absolute confidence, with a smirk almost tinged with slight insanity.

"O-oh." Liliana couldn't refute anymore, finding further arguments needless. "A-anyways, when is your departure?" She asked, changing the topic.

The people around them, however, could not stop shivering. Of course, save for Hajime, Yue, and Tio, the students could not bear the sheer pressure Rimuru Tempest and Thomas Andre were exerting with their astronomically huge levels of magic. As such, even now, they are still quivering in their boots.

"Who do you think would've won?"

"Lord Rimuru, without a doubt."

"Yeah? I think so too."

These were the "whispers" of the students. Although, not so much as a whisper for Rimuru. The "Lord" referred to him slightly ticked him, but he brushed it off anyways.

Upon the countless appeals of Liliana and her people, Rimuru and Thomas stopped their fight before it even began. Yeah, the people would've been so pitiful if the two battled then and there. Their newly built houses would crumble with a flick of a finger from either of these two.

Anyhow, the denizens of Tortus seem to think Rimuru would lose against Thomas, while the students and Tio think Rimuru would beat Thomas Andre's ass so bad he'd be crippled for the rest of his life. Although none of these really know what would've really happened if things escalated.

.........

......

...

"I still have to repair the capital's barrier before I go." (Hajime)

"Hah? That ain't like you, though." (Rimuru)

Although he got a gist of the reason why, Rimuru reasoned this was way too soft.

"Heh. You've really softened up, haven't you?" (Rimuru)

"Oh shut up." (Hajime)

"No biggies. By the way, we're going back to the forest aren't we?" (Rimuru)

"Yeah, after we drop the princess off in the Empire." (Hajime)

"Is that so? Then we'd see the rabbit again, will we not? Got a plan in case she... uh... haven't changed?" (Rimuru)

"Oh, right, I almost forgot about her. Anyways, we should be fine. She likely~ would've realized shortly after we left." (Hajime)

Rimuru and Hajime were strolling the palace as they talked. The occasional maids passing by were giving the two a look—particularly the blue-haired one.

"Those guys really do attract attention everywhere, though its more judgmental than admiration on Hajime's part. I mean, just look at his outfit." A student said.

"Agreed" Came the collective reply of several more students, including Shizuku and Kaori. They were walking not far behind the two. As for Yue and Tio, they were having tea time with Liliana discussing things with Aiko.

"But isn't Rimuru just so perfect. I mean, he's got the looks and the power. I even got a feeling Shizuku's already got a thing for him, y'know what I mean?" Suzu blurted out while whistling on the last part.

"H-hey! What are you talking about?!" Came the reply of an embarrassed and flushed Shizuku.

"Oh? So it's not true?" Even Kaori was joining in.