Chapter 19 | What It Really Takes

For real?

<<Affirmative. Relative data has been acquired. Likelihood had increased since the acquisition of Restoration Magic.>>

So, concept magic, huh... an art that can harm me. While concept magic cannot kill Rimuru, it is capable of opposing and injuring him.

His personal opinion of Ancient Magics had now increased.

So Space-Time Domination is the result of you integrating Spatial Domination and Restoration Magic?

<<Affirmative. That is correct.>>

Sheesh

Not only that, the memories Rimuru acquired from Hearst also proved handy. Ehit was a sort of spiritual lifeform. Right now, he had no vessel. His energy slightly surpassed that of an awakened demon lord, but since he has been around since ancient times, he had complete mastery of ancient magics. That is why it is hard to place a danger rating for him, especially since Hearst has no record of any powers of Ehit.

Are there other gods beside him?

Raphael confirmed that possibility. A while back, Nelson, who he had killed, was also a god.

Stay sharp.

<<Yes. I will.>>

It seems he cannot let his guard down. A weapon that has a chance of harming him was still dangerous after all, even if it cannot kill him.

.........

......

...

"Why can't you!?" Kouki's annoying voice began to yelp. "If you could do that to Kaori, then surely you can bring back everyone alive!"

"Yeah, no." Rimuru responded, eating casually a cheese-coated pseudo-hotdog. The only reason he can tolerate such behavior was because he was enjoying his food. It seemed like Kouki barely registered on his mind. Besides, Kouki wasn't worth his emotions.

"Stop it, Kouki! What do you think you're doing!?" Shizuku hurriedly tried to appease him, in fear of Rimuru being angered.

"Shizuku? You too? Why!? Just why!? Everyone can be brought back alive... so why are you defending him!?"

"Shut the fuck up, will you?" Rimuru responded. At that, he finally stopped. "You don't know shit so don't talk. All you did was fail and fail so you, as the loser, has no right to say anything."

"Urgh..." Kouki was at it again. The worst possible combinations of delusions, naivety, immaturity, and weakness were all packed inside that pebble brain of his.

The students were, for some reason, following them. Liliana was also with them. Their bickering harbored the attention of others as they traversed the roads. The capital was busy repairing itself. Lost structures and lost people, the humans in the capital had cast aside these sentiments and devoted themselves to repairing the capital.

Not long after that night of massacre, Tio and Hajime arrived. Tio was staying on standby during Hajime and the Apostle Noint's fight to keep things from interfering. Like a third party from the church or something. Hajime showed up pretty wounded, but nothing serious.

"Rimuru-san, is it really impossible, after all?" Aiko asked. Liliana and Shizuku, and even Endou was curious.

"Yeah. Kaori was isolated by a barrier. It managed to delay her soul's dissipation. That allowed me to bind it and put it back into her body. Sounds easy enough but that's hard to control. It consumes a great deal of magic, too. So, even if everyone's souls remained, I have no plans of sacrificing personal comfort for a bunch of strangers I have no interest of."