Chapter 15 | Different Times, Life and Death Collides

Death is the climax of life, and life is the only path to death.

Such is the general notion regarding life. But most does not know that this only applies to biological, or in simple terms, physical lifeforms.

Spirit Lifeforms are entities who can overcome death by pure resolve. There are those whose birth defies causality laws and has no genuine causes, only born out of coincidences.

There are also beings who transcend life and death—those at the highest echelons of spirit and conceptual existences.

Being technically unkillable, but still defeatable through the destruction of their egos or sense of selves.

The annihilation of their souls is not a foregone conclusion. Nonetheless, a relevant case. They do not exist in perpetuity; they have beginnings and endings. But it cannot be called "life and death" by definition.

The systematic operations and sequences for the existence of such higher beings are above the reasoning of human kind.

Their logic can defy it all they want, but their limited perceptions will only stray them from the objective.

BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.

Loud explosions can be heard in an open area of greenery, tainting its balanced ecological beauty with scars of destruction.

"ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH—!" Hajime dashed and came out of a cloud of smoke in the sky, a battle cry escaping his bleeding lips and a tightened expression in his dirtied face.

"Ahaa~~" A sarcastic laugh from Rimuru came from the other side of the massive smoke cloud, flashing a sickeningly pleased smile.

Hajime's ring shone, and from it came his large Pile Bunker. He attached it to his prosthetic arm, and once again charged at Rimuru.

Sparks of black and red electricity began to swirl all over Hajime, his unveiled demonic eye glowing bright blue and his prosthetic arm shining all red.

"Five Heavenly Dragons!" Yue's voice meanwhile echoes above them despite the area not being an enclosed space. Five elemental dragons manifested, representing one elemental attribute each and began rushing to Rimuru at immense speeds.

"Heh" Rimuru joined his hands in his back and began to dodge the attacks from his two students with smooth, escalating movements—refined through sheer battle expertise.

Flames, bullets, thunders, winds, explosions, grenades. All of it was useless. Rimuru was not allowed to use any defensive ability. Yet even that was too much.

His speed was set with a limiter on a relatively low Mach 3, where even Hajime's bullets which goes over 3 km/s can outmaneuver him. Yet, how is it that they can never hit him?

It probably wasn't that unusual in the Cardinal World, where experience is one of the most defining factors to determine a winner. But to Hajime and Yue, it was way too anomalous. They are aware that battle and combat skills can provide a significant advantage, but this was too much. It was as if he can see the future, no, it was as if he was guiding the future.

There were gravitational disruptions all over the place. Large craters were formed by explosions, and clouds of smoke and dust polluted the air.

""—HAAHHHHHHHHH—"" The two proteges roared, as the master lightly jabs to the side.

Giving it their all in hopes of attaining a new height of power, they cast aside all sentiments and unnecessary thoughts. Pure, destructive fighting spirit dominated their entire being. Yet they ain't even close.