Chapter 17 | In Another Moment

Rimuru's arrival into the world of Tortus is probably something out of the universe's foundational gears of fate.

He's like this seemingly self-created being, arriving into this faraway realm without any sort of sign.

He is regarded as one without origin by universal principles. He brought himself in, completely denying all sorts of logic and common sense.

Perhaps it was the collapse of variables, or the breakdowns of destinies.

One thing was for sure.

This was not the will of the world. So he caused changes in the predetermined path of time, destroying its providence.

The rejection force of this world would've... should've sent him back to wherever he came from.

And yet it did not, or could not.

Seemingly being outside all restrictions, his nature is incomprehensible to finite spirits.

Two weeks.

That much time has passed since the conflict with Freid. Hajime and the rest never had a chance to know anything regarding Rimuru and Freid's encounter.

In that seemingly short amount of time, incalculable numbers of events have transpired, metaphorically speaking.

The first of the important things which happened was, of course, Myu's return.

After reuniting with Hajime and co. Rimuru and his group travelled to Erisen.

The upbringing of multiple dangerous occasions prompted Rimuru to put Myu to sleep and consign her to imaginary space before their initial separation, right before Hajime and the others began conquering the Gruen Volcano.

Of course, having complete control over this eternal and perfect void of pure dreams and miracles, he can easily conjure any form of reality he wants.

A world itself was created inside Imaginary Space, a big house, a comfortable backyard that extended beyond the sun at the horizon, and the most pleasant bed in all of creation. Lying at the center of it all was a sleeping beauty—Myu.

However!

Now that the conflicts seem to have subsided, Myu was brought back to the real world.

"OOOH! Mama! I'm coming!!" Was the phrase that immediately escaped her tiny lips as soon as she woke up. Excited, rushed, she made her way through the crowds.

The surroundings gave her a sense of familiarity, and the atmosphere was one of unforgettable memories. Sad and happy ones, nevertheless, it was her home. Most of all, its inhabitants were her people. The merfolks.

Smiles and gasps of shock, disbelief, unshakable happiness made their way among all the beastmens' faces.

The problematic child who caused all sorts of problems. The spoiled brat of Erisen. And most of all, the brat who they adored so much. And of course, the child who was a target of unfortunate cruelty, disappearing into the world like their bonds were nothing significant.

And now on this fateful day, a group of exotic people composed of a doll-like girl, an edgelord, and beauty itself, brought upon waves of memories and nostalgia in the form of a child.

The people stood there frozen in place, taking their time to digest the reality of it all while Myu ran past them, heading towards a particular house.

Not long after, they all recovered.