Chapter 3 | Worthless Doe

A rocky hallway appeared in the edge of the last floor, activated by Orcus' ring.

On the end of road, is a bright light.

"It's the sun!" Both Hajime and Yue shouted.

As for me, it's not that big of a deal to be honest, and so I just quietly watched as the couples did their thing.

Must've been hard for them, I unconsciously and softly smiled as I thought so while watching them. Hajime was stuck there for months and Yue for centuries. Feeling the surface pleasures must've been very good.

It really did feel like I gained two new younger siblings.

We got out of the end of the passageway, finding ourselves in a grand canyon.

But...

This isn't so bad.

Seeing the real sun shine for the first time since resurrection... it's tranquil.

I immediately noticed something wrong.

The mana in the air is dispersing.

With my colossal amounts and supremely high quality of energy, along with my status as an ultimate skill holder, it doesn't even make a difference. However, Yue and Hajime might have to expend a lot of mana to activate magics. At least 10x the usual output.

Some monsters eventually tried to attack us, which Hajime voluntarily massacred in order to test his new weapons.

The newly reborn revolvers, Donner & Schlagen. Bigger, better, longer, cooler, stronger. Every bit of it was upgraded and it even gained a new sister for a dual fire-arm wielding fighting style.

Having had more combat experience and techniques developed thanks to his training under me, he can now reload mid-air and his accuracy increased by an extraordinarily lot.

The secret to it was using the Treasure Tove, a ring-type artifact that can store objects and summon stored objects within a separate space. Its size was unknown but it was relatively big as even after stuffing in all his weapons and materials, it was still not full.

Hajime directly summons the bullets above the exposed cylinders as he reloads, letting them fall through the hole as he completes the process 200% faster.

He looked back at Yue, then me. It seemed he noticed too.

"Finally noticed? The area possesses a mana-dispersing property that dissipates spells. It seems to stretch throughout the whole gorge. It can, however, be overcome if you use a huge amount of mana." (Rimuru)

"It seems so, yeah. Other than that, I'd heard the monsters in Reisen Gorge were ferocious and brutal, but this is too easy. The monsters in the abyss makes these monsters look like pests." (Hajime)

After discussing for a while, we finally started to move. Hajime pulled out his motorcycle—Steiff, and hopped in along with Yue.

As for me? I wasn't gonna lose to my student, you know? And so, I had Raphael make me something. Of course, the general design and functions were invented by me.

It was a skateboard, made with high quality and purity magisteel synthesized with azantium. It had a beautiful matte black color and stretched a meter long.

It was designed for hovering, directly utilizing the Ultimate Skill Uriel's Law Manipulation to freely manipulate its gravity, velocity, momentum and inertia. As such, it has no wheels. Basically, a flying skateboard. I can also sit on it and have Raphael auto-pilot for me and it can transform into a comfortable sofa made of soft fabric in case I want to doze off.