Chapter 14 | You're Weak Part 2

"Wait! I'm still not done!" Kouki Donkey, shouted, bringing the group to a reluctant stop.

Rimuru looked back with a dangerous glint in his eyes, making Hajime and Yue shudder, all but screaming to this worthless monkey What the fuck do you think you're doing!?

Until now, Rimuru had been in a good mood. But now, Kouki just had to put everyone in danger.

"I'll handle this." Hajime patted Rimuru in the shoulder and walked towards Kouki.

"What now?" He said, clear impatience in his voice.

To that, Kouki's expression grew more twisted in rage.

"What have you done to Kaori!?"

"Dafuq?"

"Kaori loves you? She wanted to go with you?! Where did all this come from!? Now, answer me, what have you done to Kaori?!"

To that, everyone can only look dumbfounded. It was expected.

Kouki couldn't seem to accept that Kaori actually liked Hajime. Dense as he was, this seemed to come out of nowhere. That was why he assumed Hajime must have done something to her.

Hajime was amazed at just how clueless Kouki could be. He'd known it was bad, but this was on an entirely different level.

Because of Kouki, however, everyone remembered what just happened to Kaori. She was just sitting on a nearby rock, silently sobbing her heart out. She looked so pitiful that Shizuku rushed to her at once to comfort her best friend. All the students, minus two, also shared sympathy for her. But they didn't know what to do so they just hoped for the best.

Kaori's devastated state only served to increase Kouki's anger. I knew it, he'd done something to her! He thought.

"I knew it. After all, it didn't make sense. Kaori's been with me... since we were kids. We've always been together. She always stays with me. There's just no way she's in love with you, the lazy and uncooperative otaku."

"Bitch, you picking a fight?"

"I am not a bitch! And I'm going to free those girls under your evil clutches too!" He looked too stupid that even the students began to doubt their faith in him as their leader. Seeing this, a vein appeared on Shizuku's temple as she shouted, "What the hell are you doing!?"

"I'm doing what's right!" He replied, his eyes frowning in anger. Shizuku continued to try knocking more sense into him, but it seems too late. Forming his most handsome smile, he extend his hand to Tio, Myu, and Yue.

"You girls, too. You are forced to go with him, right? Come with me! Our party would love to have people as strong as you. We can save the human race together. Don't worry. If you come with me, I'll free you right away."

Hajime slapped his hand to his face in complete exasperation and embarrassment for Kouki. The same went to Shizuku.

The three girls, meanwhile, just stared at Kouki, their eyes an empty husk of life. To them, Kouki's face looks nothing but a carved Halloween pumpkin.

"........."

No words could describe what they were feeling, and all their hairs stood out in cringe. Kouki's statement had been so sickeningly off the mark that it had mentally scarred them.

Seeing them ignoring his invitation, Kouki's smile stiffened. Not only were they unwilling to meet his gaze, they'd even retreated behind Hajime and Rimuru, who shut down all his senses, for safety.

Kouki's shock slowly transformed into anger. He recklessly drew his sword and glared at Hajime... before thrusting it into the ground. He pointed at Hajime and declared his intent for all to hear.