Chapter 2 | The Last Floor and Getting Out

In any case, even I can tell I'm taking this way too easily, as if I'm in a park in the deepest floor of a labyrinth.

Raphael finished auto-mapping the entire labyrinth ages ago, so I could envision the scenery of the outside via Universal Perception and flip us there with Spatial Domination.

However, as it turns out, the now awake Hajime and Yue wanted to first explore the final and last floor.

Makes sense.

When they told me their story, I almost felt guilty because of how rude I initially was with them. Keyword: "Almost."

In short, Hajime was part of a summoned group of people from Earth. Apparently, after Raphael read Hajime's thought waves, she said it was the same as the Earth I was from. It was when I certified my resolve to assist Hajime and Yue on their journey to go back. The entertainment there is awesome, so no way am I staying in this world where there is no one I know.

Now, back to business.

The summoned 'heroes' supposedly had overpowered traits, but Hajime was the only case that wasn't. He was looked down upon and discriminated by the rest of his peers for being weak.

Two weeks after that, they went to Great Orcus Labyrinth to level up. They were fine until they reached the 20th floor when Hiyama—an asshole classmate of his—touched a huge shiny ore in an attempt to obtain it for Kaori—another classmate of his—to impress her. It was a trap and everybody present was teleported to the 65th floor in the Dungeon. There, they saw a lizard-like monster called a Behemoth, that the legendary adventurer was unable to defeat.

Then, he got mad at Kouki—the acting leader—who refused to abandon Meld—the commander—saying that someone should lead the panicking classmates. Hajime told Meld to help his classmates after they immobilized the Behemoth. After that, their party was casting magic to kill the Behemoth, but one classmate betrayed Hajime and hit him with a fireball, sending him off a cliff much of the shock of Kaori and the others...

Damn. Bro have every right to become a villain. He's basically like an anti-hero now.

Later in the Abyss, Hajime wakes up to see a giant bear monster and tries to run away, but his left arm is bitten off by the bear and escapes just barely by transmuting a wall to cover himself. After falling into despair, he thinks back to how he got here and becomes determined to return home and will kill anything and anyone who gets in his way. He stops the bleeding in his severed left arm and confronts a wolf monster as he stabs it to death. He then restores his vitality and mana by eating the wolf monster.

After Hajime finishes eating, he writhes in agony until he realizes that the wolf meat he ate was poisonous.

Deconstruction and reconstruction. His body repeated that process over and over again. The pain was so bad that he kept banging his head to the wall to pass out.

When he woke up, he felt a new power and realized his appearance changed the way it is now. He only survived because of his luck to find a Divinity Stone with Ambrosia in it. After gaining some lightning abilities from another monster, he transmutes a revolver and calls it Donner after countless attempts. He then travels in the abyss killing and eating monsters.

Three days after killing the bear, Hajime continued traveling in the abyss gaining raw material until he comes across a room with a little girl sealed inside some kind of magic box. At first, he was leaving her with the belief that she was dangerous, but after she tells him that she was also betrayed, Hajime decided to listen to her story. She says that she's a vampire and was the strongest of her clan until her people betrayed her, so she begs Hajime to help her escape. Hajime then breaks the sealed box with full power transmute. After she was freed, Hajime asks for her name, but she says that she doesn't have one and requests Hajime to give her a new name.