Chapter 13 | You're weak

No one knows what's really going through the Demon Lord Rimuru's mind.

Not him nor Raphael. No one does.

'I can, therefore, I will—' is the kind of mentality he has, befitting for one who stands at the summit of strength.

As the emperor of chaos, his complexity knows no bounds.

Uncontrollable and unpredictable, unconstrained by mortal logic or the peripheral frameworks of any reality.

His authority extends to all domains, and the very heavens will rearrange themselves to conform to his sense of aesthetics.

Beginning to understand the true him is a task more daunting than counting all the stars in the vast cosmic sea.

He controls life and death, creation and destruction, light and darkness, holy and demonic, completeness and nothingness.

In this fragile universe, he foresees a different horizon, one imponderable to anyone else.

He lies in a realm beyond a boundary of unreachability.

An abnormality.

Amidst countless spectrums of interchanging yet stagnant forces of order and chaos, he stands above all.

A deity walking in land. The strongest.

.........

......

...

"No way..." someone insignificant muttered in the distance.

Nevertheless, after Rimuru's showcase of overwhelming dominance, the entire space became quiet after that one little line.

Cattleya and the monsters stood still, Yue and Hajime have blank faces, and the students are trembling. It was such a shocking reality they had just witnessed that their brains failed to keep up.

As the black paper scraps finished flying off Rimuru's hand and disappearing in thin air, he began walking to a corner of the room, not minding at all the stares directed at him.

A rift in space-time appeared and from it came a bag of chips.

Something so trivial as junk foods coming out from a distortion of space-time which can potentially lead to a disruption of universal equilibrium if handled incorrectly makes anyone question Rimuru's moral integrity... not that he had any.

Rimuru leaned to the wall and began eating it, absolutely suppressing his presence as if he was never there. It all but screamed "Don't mind me."

"Well..." Hajime spoke amidst the awkwardness. "Let me repeat myself. If you want to keep your life, scram. Leave right now and I won't chase after you." It was directed to Cattleya, but she couldn't care less now of all times.

Her mind was on a hyper-speed rush from panic, her brain firing on all cylinders, and Hajime didn't even register in her mind. All that filled her thoughts was Rimuru and Rimuru alone (she ain't in love).

She carefully considered the best course of action while trying her best to prevent her body from passing out. However, no matter how hard she tried, she couldn't even dream of a future where she escaped here alive.

Hajime guessed her inner turmoil and only let out a sigh. Then, to get her attention, he dashed forward and in an instant, shot down the last five of the large horse-headed monsters.

Five loud bangs accompanied by red streaks of lights from the bullets magnificently unveiled for all to see, incapacitating down and killing the horse-heads.