Prologue | Rebirth

Death and rejuvenation.

Between life and death.

Between death and rebirth.

Between heaven and hell.

Reborn of the void between states of beings, he opens his eyes dimly...

Darkness.

Everywhere.

He finds himself in the sea of complete emptiness, in the tide of eternal nihility.

The Demon Lord, Rimuru Tempest, finds himself depriving from the Great Spirit of Darkness after an unknown time of "inactivity."

(Death for the highest tiers of spiritual lifeforms is but a state of inactivity. A change of status. This is why Primordials as the direct derivation of the Great Spirits, as well as the True Dragons, complete conceptual beings, can endlessly resurrect in any condition.)

As per all beings associated with the primordial, egoless entities that was the facet of all of totality—as a True Demon Lord and an Archetype of the element of Darkness—he finds himself resurrected, only in a different universe from which he is familiar with.

The characteristic danger for most Spiritual Lifeforms, of losing their ego upon death and resurrection, applies to him too, despite the overwhelming power he possessed.

Will he be the same Rimuru?

Or will he be not?

[[Confirmed. True Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest's has completed rebirth...]]

A state changes.

In a world of endless nothingness, where life and death lose all meaning, the omnipresent World System's voice rang deep.

<<Welcome back, my lord.>>

The Ultimate Skill, Raphael, bound to Rimuru by soul, as well as the Lord of Wisdom, welcomes his newly awakened master...

An extremely wide, luxurious room, with pillars extending tens of meters of height, connecting the floor and the high ceiling.

The wonderful color palettes were chosen by that of a master architect, built with sturdy, resourceful and highly valuable building blocks.

The design can only be called as grand and majestic.

That is if not for the death battle happening at the center...

A white-haired young man, missing both an arm and an eye, lies helplessly in the arms of a girl barely on the age of adulthood.

Cries and despair echoed.

The girl was trying to protect the boy from the gigantic monster that was assaulting them, a silver-headed dragon-like and hydra-like entity.

They boldly assaulted the boss room of a massive labyrinth, in hopes of finding a way out by exploring the deepest depths of the abyss, where a Maverick was said to await successful conquerors.

She was using every ounce of strength she had to preserve the life of her savior. She was not letting him die here, even at the cost of her own life.

In a world without him—Hajime Nagumo—her life would have no meaning. He was the light in the three-hundred years of darkness that was her life.

And thus, she goes.

Taking in the powerful artifact of her beloved, she set off to fight the Hydra on her own, in hopes that it would distract it from the hiding spot of Hajime.