CHAPTER THIRTEEN: BACHELOR AUCTION AND AN AWKWARD TRIPLE DATE PART ONE

Start from the beginning

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

"I see you didn't convince him," Caroline says as Aurelia and Theo walk up to the ticket table to greet her.

"I did say no promises," Aurelia reminds her.

"I'm glad to see you, sis. I feel like I haven't seen you in forever," Caroline tells her with a pointed look towards Theo. A look to which he promptly ignores as he pretends to look around the room. "Theo, good to see you."

"Care, wish I could say the same," Theo responds, making Aurelia smack him in the back of his head. He winces at the force of it. Caroline gives him a mocking amused look. She was expecting that kind of answer. "She knows I'm joking." Theo defends himself. He gives Caroline a small, somewhat, smile. She responds with a roll of her eyes and a sincere smile in return.

"Glad to know where I stand, Theo." Caroline jests. With that, she dismisses the couple as a line was starting to form behind them. 

"Tickets for the raffle are now on sale. All proceeds benefit the annual founder's day celebration." Mrs. Lockwood announces into the microphone as she stands on stage. The Mystic Grill is packed with people. Mostly women. Aurelia and Theo are now sitting at a table in the back. Theo looks at Aurelia with his eyebrows raised as if to say 'see?' Aurelia rolls her eyes in response with a chuckle.

────ღ 🦇 ღೋ────

"And what do you do, bachelor number 3?"

"I'm ah a plumber," the bachelor on stage says. Theo snorts and Aurelia hits him in the shoulder scoldingly.

"Well, isn't that wonderful," Mrs.Lockwood says.

"I wonder whose toilet is getting plunged tonight?" Theo whispers to Aurelia, making her snort then giggle. He smirks, smugly, proud of himself for making her laugh.

"We could always use more plumbers. Moving on." Mrs.Lockwood comments before quickly dismissing him. "Number four, Alaric Saltzman. Wow, that's quite a mouthful." the audience laughs. "What do you do, Alaric?"

"I'm a teacher at mystic falls high."Alaric responds

"Oh beauty and brains. Ladies, this one's a keeper. What do you teach?"

"History,"

"History. Oh well, give us a fun fact about Mystic Falls, something crazy," Mrs.Lockwood suggests. Alaric looks over at Damon who cups his ear in response.

"Uh well..." Alaric stumbles.

"He's probably saving the best stories for his date," Mrs.Lockwood says to the audience after a few seconds. "And last, but not least, Damon Salvatore." she says as she moves over towards Damon on the stage. "We don't have much on you."

"Well, I'm tough to fit on a card," Damon says.

"I bet I could. 'Asshole alcoholic vampire with murderous tendencies.' Oh look, I did it." Theo comments to Aurelia. She snicker in response.

"Ooh, let me try 'World's most pathetic mosquito.' Oh that's fun." Theo has to stifle a laugh at Aurelia's retort. She grins when she sees Theo's shoulders shake in silent laughter. Damon gives them a subtle glare that they are too busy making fun of him to notice. Stefan has a small smile on his face from her remark.

"Do you have any hobbies, like to travel?" Mrs.Lockwood tries.

"Oh yeah, LA, New York. Couple years ago I was in North Carolina. Near the Duke campus actually. I think, I think Alaric went to school there. Didn't you Rick?" Damon turns towards Alaric. Alaric nods in confirmation. "Yeah, cause I-I know your wife did. I had a drink with her once. She was, she was a great girl. I ever tell you that? Cause she was...delicious." he says trying to provoke him. Aurelia and Theo watch as Elena makes a hasty exit.