Mask x Reader (F)

Requested by L1ll1th_W1llard

Enjoy...

We start at The Shoal, a group of Squids and Octos alike were enjoying themselves playing games in the arcade games and one of them is you, a enthusiastic inkling/octoling who regularly visits The Shoal, despite her lack of skills in games at all. She was minding her business playing a side scroller game but she didn't realize she was being made fun of by a group of female inklings in the background.

"Look at her, a loser who sucks at everything in this whole place." Mumbled one of them.

"Yep, she looks like the type that is easily overwhelmed with 'truthful' words, you know what I'll go prove you guys." Replied the other Inkling.

She walked up towards (Y/N) with the intent to insult her.

"Hey bozo, you're taking up space in here, you should leave this place for good and never come back with your lack of skills."

She turns around to face her, at the cost of dying in the game she was playing.

"But why?" Asked (Y/N) with a confused manner.

"Because you suck!" Exclaimed the asshole Inkling.

"I just want to have fun..." Whispered (Y/N) with a now sadden voice.

Meanwhile Mask was there spending his time trying to beat his high score in a laser game and hears the situation. He tries to ignore it but a group of turflings group up to watch the situation go down.

"What is happening?" He questioned to himself.

"I hear questionable insults, might as well check it out." Concluded Mask.

He leaves his character in-game to die and proceeds to witness what is happening to (Y/N).

The mentioned friend group has (Y/N) cornered and is repeatly insulting her without hesitation, even though a group of curious turflings watch it happen.

"Get the fuck out here noob, nobody wants to see you fail over and over in a game. It's just annoying to watch." Said the aggressive Inkling.

"Man this is hard to watch, maybe I should do something." Mask thought to himself.

"I did nothing wrong, please leave me alone!" Begged (Y/N).

"Last warning; Get. The. Fuck. Out." Insisted the asshole Inkling.

Suddenly, Mask made his choice and steps forward from the group and intervenes.

"Stop it you two! No player deserves this treatment."

"Oh of course it has to be an S4 member that tries to stop me, tell me, what makes you think she deserves to be in here?" Asked the aggressive Inkling with a defensive tone.

"Look, I don't like seeing happy faces but I also don't like seeing faces of those who've been abused/bullied now knock it off before I intervene." Said Mask with a ultimatum.

"Oh yea, what are you gonna do against the four of us without your Carbon Roller." Taunted the asshole Inkling.

The lights inside The Shoal suddenly turns off for a whole second until it comes back to see that the four assholes suddenly disappear with Mask ending up next to (Y/N). He helped her get up and (Y/N) decides to strike a conversation with the S4 member.

"Thank you for helping me there, I really hope the others don't view the same way as them in here." Spoke (Y/N).

"Yea... can't bare to hear what they might do to you, and here's an advice: focus on precision instead of speedrunning, that should help you improve." Responded Mask.