💠 CHAPTER 37 💠

Start from the beginning

"So his name is Jackson." lm Ne-yeon repeta her mate's name with a smile. Sitting opposite to the alpha who sips the cup of tea quite awkwardly, she beams with joy in her eyes.

Tae: "Yes. He is my best friend and I know he can be whimsical sometimes. Don't feel bad for whatever he does." He tries to comfort the lady as he sips the last bit of the tea that was served. If given a keen eye the tea tastes quite good. Better than his favourite if truth is told.

Neyeon: "I don't mind. Let me talk to him once." Her smile falters as she looks up to his eyes.

Neyeon: "He doesn't want me." It is a Statement, an absolute one that she can feel just by the bond that her destiny has given her.

A bit startled, Tae feels at first, by her statement. She looks sad, but not demoralised. What is in her mind is as confusing as a the puzzles a kid gets to solve. But, his warm side invokes in to comfort a soul in need if support.

Tae: "You are his mate Dr. Neyeon, he isn't the type of man to abandon his mate for his likes and dislikes. If he does something that stupid, I will beat him up. Don't worry."

A smile at the end and he is done with being noble. His best friend shall not be blamed.

Neyeon doesn't know if the words did the thing or his smile did, but she is taken with surprise. The warmth this other man radiates is indeed a great way of finding peace. A cool feel if breeze in the barren lands of desert, his whole demeanor screams.

Neyeon: "Thank you Tae. Call me Neyeon please."

Tae: "Okay, neyeon."

The conversation goes on as Tae slowly reckons the type of lady neyeon is. An easy going girl with a sweet smile, good antiques, funny character and a young age. If said correctly, Tae feels that he is growing old. He feels old...sigh.

Jungkook is gone with Jiyi after much persuading. Saying that he is sick, Jungkook refused to let go first, but a small yawn from Jiyi did it. The little girl was tired after the day's hassle and demands some rest.

Jk: "Be careful. Please." The eyes that Jungkook gave him made him laugh way more than what he had expected. It felt as if he was a kid of 3, unable to walk, talk or find his own way out.

Tae: "I will. You too."

Jk: "Okay. You sure you don't want to come?"

Tae: "Go now you kid!"Tae sat on the seat of the uber, gazing outside the window, eyes aimless, unfocused, lost in thoughts, wandering in his own mini world of questions.

"He doesn't want me." Neyeon's words float in his mind as he remembers the sadness that her eyes conveyed. After wondering much he concludes it to be the mate bond that they share.

Remembering his own days of depression, he had never felt that Jungkook didn't want him. He never felt that Jungkook hated him. He just felt insufficient. But, somehow he doesn't feel it now.

He now wonders if the situation would be different if the incidents were not the same. Looking up to the sky, he gazes at the moonless sky, ornamented by the stars, crowned with infinity, massive existence of planets being witnessed.

Who knows?

Jackson stands in the lone bridge, the night ageing above him, umbrella of unending darkness, hovering him, frightened him with might. But his mind remains stagnant in the time when he met her. She is his mate? Can he really think of her as mate?

Neyeon: "You don't have to force yourself Jackson." As if his mind is read, a female voice addresses him, tenderly, with affection and understanding.

He turns around swiftly as he faces her. He doesn't know her name, but she is beautiful, her exterior still presented with warmth.

Jackson: "You are here? How did you know I am here?"

He asks the female, eyes wide with shock, she shall be hating him now, for leaving her when she was having her best time of happiness. But, her eyes don't portray any hatred, disgust or detest. She doesn't even look disappointed by his foolish behaviour. He now starts to hate himself for not being hated.

Neyeon: "Mate bond exists, genius." She states with humour, her hands being waved dramatically in air. Her eyes dramatic and her smile never fading from her lips.

Jackson: "You could sense I am here because of the made bond?" He never heard of it. It sounds a bit supernatural though, he is intrigued from interior.

Neyeon: "Alphas don't feel it Jackson. Omegas do." She smiles, taking in her mate's innocent features. Naive from interior, not many alphas know of it she guesses.

Jackson: "Sorry."

Neyeon: "Don't be."

The two stand side by side, the cools breeze of the night caressing the skin, cooling off the burning feeling that Jackson tried to extinguish with thousand efforts. He smells good, neyeon has in her mind. Her eyes closed feeling blessed beyond explanation, being able to stand near her chosen one.

Neyeon: "You love someone else." She suddenly states with surety. Her voice not containing any trace of question.

Jackson: "You know that by mate bond too?"

Neyeon: "Yup."

Jackson: "I do."

Neyeon: "And you don't want me."

Jackson: "I am not sure. I will support you through out your life, give you every materialistic things that you wish for. Maybe even sex if you want. But to be romantically related is still difficult for me."

.
.
.

Neyeon: "I don't want materialistic things Jackson. I don't want any of them. Neither do I want sex that doesn't have endearment."

Jackson: "Sorry."

Neyeon: "Please be sorry. You are being shitty." Her eyes don't tear up, but she is sad. She doesn't express, but Jackson feels it. He wonders if this is the mate bond she talks about.

Neyeon: "Jackson, give me a chance. I will make you fall in love with me." Her words come as honey to his ears. Melody in every phrase being spoken, but he denies every admiration, every liking. Even when his inner self screams to him for loving her, giving her the best of what she deserves, he cannot obey his own self.

Im Na-yeon, 20 years old, apt with pediatrics expertise, only child of a single father, now, dedicated to make her mate fall in love with her. Will she succeed?

 Will she succeed?

Author N-Tk 𐤀